Another TMS Outline--Special Guest Shirley Jones

TravellingMatt

Reaction score
SPECIAL GUEST STAR--SHIRLEY JONES

OPENING THEME

OPENING NUMBER--The Electric Mayhem play "Sunshine Of Your Love".

Waldorf: "I never did like hard rock..."

Statler: "That's because you came of age during the caveman days!"

Waldorf: "Statler...YOUR FACE."

(enter Scooter, Janice, Sweetums, et. al.)

Richard's Characters: "THAT'S OUR LINE!"

BACKSTAGE: Mokey Fraggle has ventured outside the Rock again, this time she and Janice are going out to lunch...however, she needs someone to plant-sit Lanford, and Floyd made the mistake of not looking busy. It doesn't take long for Lanford to attack Floyd.

Mokey: "Ohhh, how cute! Lanfy just LOVES to play!"

Floyd: "THIS ain't playin'! If I want to play, I pick up my bass!"

GUEST STAR: Shirley Jones sings "People Will Say We're In Love" with Kermit. Miss Piggy, however, tries to intrude on the number, but Shirley and Kermit are professionals and play it off, much to Piggy's dismay.

Waldorf: "The pig really likes to throw herself on the frog..."

Statler: "Not unusual for her...She always DID like to throw her weight around!"

Both: "DOHHHH, ho ho ho...

BACKSTAGE: Miss Piggy has something up her sleeve for Shirley Jones. Meanwhile, Floyd seems to have taken care of his little plant problem.

Gonzo: "Hey Floyd, I heard Mokey left you with her deathwort! I love weird plants!"

Floyd: "It figures. Anyway, I think I solved my little problem with the killer plant. I pruned it."

Gonzo: "Pruned? How does that calm down a deathwort?"

Floyd: "It does when you prune it at the neck."

(Gonzo freaks out and grabs a wilted Lanford, and takes him back to the weirdo's dressing room)

SKIT: "Pigs In Space"--the Swinetrek is receiving bulletins that it's being invaded by a little red menace. Elmo then appears, frightening the entire Swinetrek crew.

TALK SPOT: Kermit and Shirley Jones chit-chat, despite constant interruptions from Gonzo, who is trying to revive Lanford. Despite all the interruptions, Kermit manages to round up Fozzie, Rowlf, Scooter and Robin, who sing "Lida Rose" with Shirley.

UK SPOT: Miss PIggy sings "I Don't Want TO Walk Without You" with Rowlf on piano.

BACKSTAGE: Gonzo is alone with Lanford in his dressing room. He's tried everything to revive the plant, but nothing's working. He sings "Grow For Me" from LSoH to the plant, and after cutting his nose on a page to a book about plants, donates a few drops to Lanford, then walks out. At song's end, Lanford is back to his old self. Floyd then walks in...

Floyd: "Man, I bet that little blue geek couldn't do anything to get that plant back to...*notices a revived Lanford* Oh NO..."

(and Lanford attacks Floyd again!)

Meanwhile, in another backstage area, Miss Piggy locks Shirley Jones in her dressing room before the closing number.

CLOSING NUMBER: Miss Piggy serenades Kermit with "Till There Was You". However, during the song, Shirley is able to get out of her dressing room (thanks to Crazy Harry and his dynamite) and Kermit ends up getting the song sung to him by both Piggy and Shirley (who take turns upstaging one another).

GOODNIGHTS: Mokey and Janice return and notice how nice Lanford is to Gonzo. (It's Kermit, Shirley Jones, Piggy, Mokey, Janice, Gonzo, Lanford, Floyd, Rizzo, and a penguin in front of the curtain)

Mokey: "Wow, he really likes Gonzo!"

Janice: "It's like he saved his life or something!"

Gonzo: (while Floyd's trying to shut him up) "I DID!"

Floyd: "Uh...no he didn't..."

Gonzo: "Don't lie to the girls, Floyd! I saved his life after you pruned him at the neck, remember?"

Kermit: "Uh...we'll see you next time on The Muppet Show!"

(the credits roll as Floyd tries to talk his way out of this one)

CLOSING THEME

Statler: "I can't think of anything scarier than watching this show."

(Enter Elmo)

Elmo: "Elmo loves you!"

Statler: "I stand corrected."

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

That was good, especially that part where Elmo showed up at the end. There's only one part I don't get. What was up with Richard's characters and that "Your face" line? Could you explain that? Thanks.

TravellingMatt

Reaction score
The "Your Face" line was one Richard used whenever someone said something demeaning or sarcastic. Whenever such a statement was said, Richard would say "Your face!" as his way of saying "The same to you!". It became quite commonplace for him to say it when necessary. Ergo, I thought it would be a nice tribute if all his characters said it at one point or another. (I think that's what Richard would've done if anyone said "Your face!" to HIM!)

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
*giggles* I love it! It's just too perfect; pretty much on par with your Bob McGrath outline, Matt.

-Kim

TravellingMatt

Reaction score
Well, Kim, I knew you'd like it. After all...you should know where the whole Floyd/Lanford thing stemmed from! (No pun intended!)

Seriously, I want to thank you, and publicly announce on the forum that you should get some of the credit for my TMS outlines, since you're the one I throw the ideas to and play off of them (and you've gotten QUITE good...)!

I just wonder what would happen if I applied for a job as a writer for JHC. Back in the days when Jim and Richard were still with us, I think I'd fit in quite well (especially if I showed up to the interview wearing the "fake arrow" headband and straitjacket).

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
question, how do you come up with these ideas with guest stars and plots and so forth, especially the jokes statler and waldorf use. you should seriously become a writer for the new muppet show, if it comes out!...

ryan

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

Yeah. I was working on an episode with Mike Myers and I have some ideas for skits and songs and even some Statler/Waldorf quotes, but I can't come up with an idea for a backstage plot. It must be hard work writing these.

The Flying Sheep

Reaction score
I wonder what Brian has to say about this reocurring Mokey-Janice Friendship that often plays in your outlines...