Another TMS Outline--Special Guest Star Bill Murray

TravellingMatt

Reaction score
(NOTE: In memory of Richard, and because of a certain special friend of mine, this is going to be a very Scooter-centric episode.)

SPECIAL GUEST STAR: BILL MURRAY

OPENING THEME

OPENING NUMBER: Fozzie Bear sings "Shipoopi" with various Muppets. (I always thought this production number from "The Music Man" was tailor made for him.)

Waldorf: "I remember when Astoria and I would dance the Shipoopi all night long."

Statler: "And you still dance it, huh?"

Waldorf: "Nope...now we're just too pooped!"

Both: "DOOOHHHH, HO HO HO..."

BACKSTAGE: Annie Sue confides to Scooter that she's in love with Link Hogthrob. Meanwhile, Kermit is in a dither because the main prop for Gonzo's act (a giant dentist's chair) is blocking the backstage area. Gonzo is going to perform a root canal on himself while singing "Those Endearing Young Charms".

GUEST STAR: In a sketch that takes place in a department store, Bill Murray plays an employee who's in the "complaints" department. However, he complains more than the customers do.

Statler: "Bravo! Bravo!"

Waldorf: "What are you 'Bravo'-ing about?"

Statler: "Someone finally sees things from our point of view!"

BACKSTAGE: Gonzo wants to improve his act for the evening, so he recruits Bill Murray as his root canal patient. Meanwhile, Scooter helps Annie Sue prepare to throw herself on Link, but he's starting to realize he likes her.

SONG: The Electric Mayhem play and sing "The Last Stop" with the jugband.

SKIT: "Veterinarian's Hospital"--Dr. Bob's biggest operation comes when Pa Gorg is on the table.

UK SPOT: Rowlf, Floyd and Zoot play and sing "As Time Goes By"

BACKSTAGE: Annie Sue is getting ready to throw herself on Link Hogthrob. Scooter waits in the wings, hoping to catch her on the rebound if Link doesn't like her.

SKIT: Gonzo and Bill Murray do their "root canal" bit...however, Bill realizes that Gonzo isn't a licensed dentist and performs the root canal on Gonzo instead

SKIT: "Pigs In Space"--Annie Sue throws herself on Link, who naturally brushes her off, making her run off crying.

BACKSTAGE: Scooter consoles Annie Sue and tells her that he really likes her. He comforts her by singing "Suddenly, Seymour" (obviously changed to Scooter's name) to her.

CLOSING NUMBER: Bill Murray does his "lounge singer" bit from SNL with Rowlf as his pianist.

CLOSING THEME

Waldorf: "Could you ever give yourself a root canal?"

Statler: "If I did, I'd do it here...I enjoy that as much as watching this show!"

Both: "DOHHHHHH, ho ho ho!"

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
great job, as usual, although bill murray probably won't ever do the muppet show....i hear he's a bull headed moron when it comes to shows and stuff...

ryan

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

Well, I don't know about that. He worked with the Looney Tunes in "Space Jam." Anything's possible. I thought of writing an outline with Bill Murray myself but I had trouble coming up with ideas. I probably would have had a sketch where he reprises his role as Ghostbuster Peter Venkman or something like that. Anyway, good outline Matt.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Uhhhhh, Matt...

Matt-

You do recall that I did this plotline already in my Sammy Davis Jr. outline, right? It's ironic, because I was tempted to include a part at the end where Scooter reveals that he likes Annie Sue, but for whatever reason I decided against it. Also in my outline Annie Sue confided in Piggy, while Piggy herself was brushing off Link's advances to her.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

TravellingMatt

Reaction score
Oops. Dave, I *seriously* forgot about that part from your Sammy Davis, Jr. outline. I just wanted a premise for Scooter to sing "Suddenly, Seymour", and that was the only thing I could think of off the top.

Again I say...oops!

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Re: Reply

Originally posted by Daffyfan2003
Well, I don't know about that. He worked with the Looney Tunes in "Space Jam." Anything's possible. I thought of writing an outline with Bill Murray myself but I had trouble coming up with ideas. I probably would have had a sketch where he reprises his role as Ghostbuster Peter Venkman or something like that. Anyway, good outline Matt.
i guess so, but murray likes to wine a lot i hear if he doesn't get his way. but the peter venkman ghostbuster idea would be awesome. ernie hudson can make an apperance as winston zedemore and both of them can do something as the ghostbusters!!

ryan

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
great job, as usual, although bill murray probably won't ever do the muppet show....i hear he's a bull headed moron when it comes to shows and stuff...

I don't know about that. I remember seeing him play a teacher on a re-run of "Square Pegs". Funny thing, the 80's.

The Flying Sheep

Reaction score
Gorgan, can i have a link to your " Sammy Davis Jr. Outline? I can't find it on this fourm?

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Luckily I saved it to show to friends:

http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2569

Feel free to comment on it! I welcome everybody's feedback (let's face it, how else do I know if I'm doing a good job on these?)

And if you like that one, check out the one TravellingMatt and I did together, starring the late Rex Harrison!

http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2955

I had also been thinking of having Scooter confess his crush on Annie Sue in the goodnights, but for whatever reason I threw it out. Maybe because I couldn't see him being attracted to a pig. Although if you look closely in the Lynda Carter episode, when Lynda tells Piggy that she looks "absolutely wonderful in (the Wonder Pig) suit", Scooter nods excitedly and Gonzo shakes his head. Maybe I should have kept it in. Can't recall if I talked to Matt about that, but stranger things have happened on this forum.