Another TMS Outline--Special Guest Star Johnny Mathis!

TravellingMatt

Reaction score
SPECIAL GUEST STAR--JOHNNY MATHIS

(I'm surprised that they never got him to appear on The Muppet SHow proper, although he did do a walk-on on Muppets Tonight.)

OPENING THEME

OPENING NUMBER--The Electric Mayhem team up with the jugband to sing "Ain't Goin' Down Till The Sun Comes Up", Floyd on lead vocals

Waldorf: "I can still remember when we never wore down until the sun came up..."

Statler: "At our age, we're lucky if we can remember anything past yesterday!"

Both: "DOHHH, ho ho ho..."

BACKSTAGE: Miss Piggy tries to con Johnny Mathis into turning his closing number "Chances Are" into a tribute to her and Kermit's undying love for one another (at least, in her mind). Meanwhile, Kermit has other problems...Johnny Fiamma and Sal Manila have shown up at the theatre, thinking that Johnny F. was booked to be the guest star.

GUEST STAR: Johnny sings "Never Before" with Miss Piggy (who naturally sings it the only way she can--horribly). Johnny then remarks that he's never sung with anyone *quite* like Piggy. She takes this as a compliment, but everyone else knows what he's trying to convey.

BACKSTAGE: Kermit apologizes again to Johnny Mathis for Piggy's "hogging" the spotlight. Meanwhile, Johnny Fiamma and Sal show up again, in disbelief that he was passed up for a no-name act like Johnny Mathis.

VETERINARIAN'S HOSPITAL: Dr. Bob, Nurse Janice, and Nurse Piggy operate on Johnny Fiamma, who jettisons his way on the table so he can perform his act.

SKIT: "At The Dance"

UK SPOT: In memory of Joe Strummer, the Electric Mayhem perform "London Calling".

SONG: Annie Sue sings "You Light Up My Life" against an apartment backdrop while Biff and Sully are in the background, messing around with the fuse box. Naturally, they short-circuit something and there's a temporary blackout.

Statler: "You know, this blackout is a good thing."

Waldorf: "How do you figure?"

Statler: "We won't have to see the rest of the show!"

DRESSING ROOM: Johnny Fiamma talks to Johnny Mathis. The two of them end up getting along...and perform "Together".

SKIT: Fozzie Bear decides to borrow a page out of Gonzo's textbook and bring something new to his act: he performs his stand-up routine while wrestling a tiger. Naturally, he ends up playing straight man to the tiger.

CLOSING NUMBER: Johnny performs "Chances Are", but with a twist...he brings out Johnny Fiamma and Sal. Add to that Miss Piggy and Kermit are the "two lovers" that are being serenaded...and Piggy naturally throws herself all over the frog.

CLOSING THEME

Statler: "Hey Waldorf...what did you think of the show this week?"

Waldorf: "Eh...I liked it better last week."

Statler: "But you slept through the whole thing last week!"

Waldorf: "That's why I liked it better!"

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
another great job......how about one that features the electric mayhem the most with all of the members talking to other muppets and the guest star......just a thought

ryan