Another TMS Outline

TravellingMatt

Reaction score
SPECIAL GUEST STAR: WILLIE NELSON

OPENING THEME

OPENING NUMBER: Janice and two Anything Muppet backup singers sing "Leader Of The Pack". At the appropriate time, Floyd rides in on a motorcycle, but something goes wrong with the brakes and he goes flying into Statler and Waldorf's box, breaking his leg in the process.

STATLER: Wow! I didn't know Floyd was doing Gonzo's act tonight!

FLOYD: I got news for you, I didn't know I was doing Gonzo's act either!

BACKSTAGE: Floyd is carted backstage on a stretcher by Rowlf and Fozzie. Janice is alongside the stretcher, visibly freaking out...thus unnerving Fozzie and making him drop his end of the stretcher. Kermit also has a dilemma--with Floyd on the disabled list, he has to audition a new bassist to fill in...and Gonzo has to find a new act, since he was going to reprise his motorcycle stunt (i.e. riding it through S & W's box).

GUEST STAR: Willie Nelson sings "Crazy" with Crazy Harry lurking around...and detonating his explosives...in the background.

STATLER: That's an appropriate song for tonight.

WALDORF: Yeah, Willie would have to be CRAZY to appear on this show!

BOTH: DOHHHH, ho ho ho...

VETERINARIAN'S HOSPITAL: Floyd is the patient (not like he could just get up and walk away this time) and Nurse Janice gets very overdramatic, threatening Dr. Bob if he can't fix Floyd up properly. In a role reversal, Nurse Piggy is actually laid back for a change.

BACKSTAGE: Kermit auditions new bass players, including Emmet Otter (who can only play washtub bass) and Big Jeffy (who thought the audition was for bass singers).

UK SPOT: Boober Fraggle sings the Yiddish song "Help! My Nerves" (translated into English, of course). (LONG story behind this one!)

SKIT: At The Dance

TALK SPOT: Kermit and Willie Nelson sing "The Rainbow Connection".

SONG: Gonzo the Great unveils his replacement act, dressing up as a gypsy and singing "I Sniff The Rose" from "Fraggle Rock".

SKIT: Fozzie Bear does stand-up routines incorporating Willie Nelson song titles, but as usual, can't avoid Statler and Waldorf's smart cracks.

STATLER: I heard Willie was going to sing a song dedicated to you, Fozzie!

WALDORF: Yeah! "Mamas, Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up To Be Comics!"

BACKSTAGE: Kermit auditions yet even more bass players (including Sweetums, who breaks a bass guitar the minute he picks it up). Finally Floyd says he can still play on a broken leg. Kermit agrees, mainly because he really has no choice.

CLOSING NUMBER: Willie Nelson sings "On The Road Again" with the jugband and Beauregard on harmonica.

CLOSING THEME

WALDORF: Can you wait to get on the road again, Statler?

STATLER: Only as long as it's away from this theatre!

BOTH: DOHHHH, ho ho ho...

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
UK SPOT: Boober Fraggle sings the Yiddish song "Help! My Nerves" (translated into English, of course). (LONG story behind this one!)
I don't know about anyone else, but I'm curious!

-Kim

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Hey Travelling Matt, this is one of your best yet.

A tip- At the Dance usually comes before the UK Spot. Other than that it reads just like the real thing!

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

TravellingMatt

Reaction score
Kim...

About "Help! My Nerves"...

I heard this song last night while copying a tape of old Yiddish songs for a new friend who was interested in hearing it. The Yiddish title is "Gevaldt! Di Nerven" and was sung by a man named Jacob Zanger, who recorded it in 1925. Mr. Zanger not only sounded a LOT like Boober, but given the song title, I felt it was an appropriate tune for Boober, who gets easily shaken up.

Once I find someone who can translate appropriately into English, whatever happens in the song will happen to poor Boober.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

Lol, I love it! Especially certain parts featurin' a certain groooooovy gal!
Yeah, it seems like Janice is mostly in the background while Miss Piggy gets all the attention, especially after Richard Hunt died. I'd really like to see a Vet's Hospital sketch like that.