Another TMS Outline

TravellingMatt

Reaction score
SPECIAL GUEST STAR: MEL BROOKS

OPENING THEME

OPENING NUMBER: Clifford and various Muppets serenade a shy Anything Muppet and his pretty girlfriend with "Kiss The Girl". Finally the Anything Muppet boyfriend kisses his girlfriend...and she turns into Gloat in drag.

WALDORF: You know, when I first met Astoria, she was my princess.

STATLER: And now?

WALDORF: Now I'd just like to keep her in the dungeon!

BOTH: DOHHHH, HO HO HO!

BACKSTAGE: Fozzie wants to be as funny as Mel Brooks, so he tries to tell some of Mel's tried and true routines, but keeps messing them up (and driving the other Muppets insane).

GUEST STAR: Mel Brooks sings "It Had To Be You" to Miss Piggy, peppered with smart cracks.

STATLER: That Mel Brooks is something else.

WALDORF: No, Mel Brooks is a human being. Everyone else on this show is something else!

BOTH: DOHHH, HO HO HO...

THE SWEDISH CHEF: Mel Brooks takes the stage as the Yiddish Gourmet, who gives a cooking lesson on how to cook chicken in his own "mother tongue". The Swedish Chef then runs onstage and claims (in Swedish) that Mel is stealing his act. Finally, the two of them start yelling at each other in their respective languages and throwing things, leaving the Swedish Chef's kitchen in a HUGE mess.

SKIT: "At The Dance" (filled with references to Mel Brooks films)

UK SPOT: Miss Piggy and Annie Sue try to outdo one another while singing "Oom-Pah-Pah" from "Oliver!" with a "music hall" backdrop.

TALK SPOT: Kermit (wearing a suit and tie) interviews Mel Brooks as the Two Thousand-Year-Old Man.

WALDORF: That Two Thousand-Year-Old Man never fails to get a laugh!

STATLER: You should know! Weren't you his roommate in college?

SONG: The Electric Mayhem sing "Love Power" (from the film of "The Producers").

SKIT: Fozzie Bear tries to pay homage to Mel by trying to rehash all of his old jokes. They're bombing miserably, when Mel comes and bails Fozzie out by making smart cracks about him, then they sing "Sweet Georgia Brown".

SONG: Floyd, Rowlf, Janice, Zoot, and Animal play and sing "No More Blues".

CLOSING NUMBER: Mel sings "When You're Smiling (The Whole World Smiles With You)" with the Muppets.

CLOSING THEME

WALDORF: Well, I'm coming back next week.

STATLER: Why? The show is always terrible.

WALDORF: Yeah, but where else could I get a good night's sleep?

BOTH: DOHHH HO HO HO...

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
*laughs*

Yet another good one, Matt! Especially loved the opening skit. Henson oughta hire you as a writer or something!

-Kim

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Great music choices! I can practically hear Mel belting out those tunes. Like the opening, and the S & W comments too!

Also, I like how the references and inside jokes are just that- inside jokes. Not being familiar with Mel Brooks won't detract from the enjoyment of this episode.

All in all, another goodie!

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

BlueAM

Reaction score
That outline of yours is guh-REAT! I like the Electric Mayhem singing "Love Power". I could picture Floyd on vocals. LOL

Here are some ideas for the "At the Dance" scene:

FEMALE WHATNOT IN BAVARIAN DRESS: Is it true that you love me?
MALE WHATNOT( looks like LSD in The Producers movie): I lieb you, baby, I lieb you!

AFGHAN: So, are you really a dog?
WHATNOT (looks like Barf from Spaceballs): I'm a Mog. Half man, half dog. I'm my own best friend.

GOLDILOCKS: Where wolf?
ALI BABA (same puppet, but dressed like Igor in Young Frankenstein): There wolf!
A Muppet wolf appears, howling.

Old Skyball Paint comes up to a tough-looking Whatnot cowboy dancing with "Big" Mary Louise dressed as a showgirl.

OLD SKYBALL PAINT: Do you punch horses?
COWBOY: Sure!
The cowboy punches Old Skyball Paint in the face, a la Mongo in Blazing Saddles, and Skyball Paint falls down.

Luv ya!

BlueAM
"All around me is darkness and despair"- Lisa Simpson

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

Boy it's been a while since we had one of these. I have an idea for something that could be added. "Pigs in Space" does a sketch similar to the movie "Spaceballs" with Mel Brooks reprising his role as Yogurt. Just a few ideas. I know they already did something like that in the Star Wars episode, but I think Mel would fit in a sketch like that.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Another great, and wonderful piece from the Travelling one himself!

I would sooooooooooooo love to see this one made, especially since Mel Brook s and the Muppets work so well together too bad they only worked together in TMM and AVMMCM!