Another TMS Outline

TravellingMatt

Reaction score
SPECIAL GUEST STAR: CAROLE KING

OPENING THEME

OPENING NUMBER: Lew Zealand, Fozzie, and the Swedish Chef lead a polka band in a rousing opening number, "Who Stole the Keeshka?". Even Statler and Waldorf love it.

BACKSTAGE: The newly-paroled Riverbottom Nightmare Band (from Emmet Otter's Jugband Christmas) show up and start exchanging insults with the Electric Mayhem, culminating when Catfish squirts water in Janice's face. Floyd is about to let Animal loose on them when Kermit breaks it up and suggests a Battle of the Bands.

SPECIAL GUEST STAR: Carole King sings "One Was Johnny", starring Sweetums as Johnny and various other Muppets who keep invading his privacy.

BALCONY: Kermit talks Statler and Waldorf into being judges in the Battle of the Bands. Kermit's stipulation is that they don't have to come back ever again if they do this.

SKIT: "Veterinarian's Hospital"--Dr. Bob, Nurse Piggy, and Nurse Janice operate on Wembley Fraggle, who can't make up his mind in terms of what illness he has.

Janice: "A patient who can't make up his mind in terms of what illness he has? That's *rully* weird, Dr. Bob!"

Rowlf: "Maybe the writers just wanted us to wing it this week!"

Piggy: "Might as well, since this sketch is such a turkey!"

DRESSING ROOM: Snake from the Nightmare asks Carole King for advice, but gets a bit too demanding, so she kicks him out. Later Janice, Floyd and Zoot appear and ask for her advice, and she just tells them to play their hearts out. This segues into a rendition of "Jazzman" which spills out onto the stage.

UK SPOT: In a rare TMS appearance, Little Jerry and the Monotones play "Shakin' All Over".

GUEST STAR: Carole King plays "So Far Away", but is soon joined by all the Muppets.

Kermit introduces the Battle of the Bands.

SONG: "Riverbottom Nightmare Band", as played by the Nightmare. Basically it's staged how it was for "Emmet Otter's Jugband Xmas".

Kermit introduces Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem.

SONG: "Greased Lightning", as played by the Electric Mayhem, with Dr. Teeth and Floyd on lead vocals. (And modified lyrics).

After the song, Statler and Waldorf are seen making their decision.

CLOSING NUMBER: Carole sings "I Feel The Earth Move" with the giant monsters.

CLOSING: Statler and Waldorf make their decision known: the polka band from the opening number wins. Kermit calls the deal off since they weren't in the competition and gives the win to the Mayhem, making the Nightmare walk off in disgust.

CLOSING THEME

Statler: "Why do we come here each week, anyway?"

Waldorf: "I forget. Remind me to tell you next week."

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
SONG: "Greased Lightning", as played by the Electric Mayhem, with Dr. Teeth and Floyd on lead vocals. (And modified lyrics).
Ooh, good choice! I can SO picture the Mayhem singing that! I can also see Floyd and Janice doing 'Summer Nights' too...

-Kim

D

Dil

originally posted by TravellingMatt
CLOSING NUMBER: Carole sings "I Feel The Earth Move" with the giant monsters.
Not bad with the Closing Number.

It would be great if YOU would watch the "I Feel The Earth Move" number sung by Loretta Swit while a silent & giant Thog destroys a building, TravellingMatt.