Another TMS Outline

TravellingMatt

Reaction score
SPECIAL GUEST STAR: BETTE MIDLER

OPENING

OPENING NUMBER: Lew Zealand sings "Sittin' On The Dock Of The Bay" while throwing his boomerang fish around. Naturally, the stage, and soon the audience, are being hit by fish.

Statler: "What did you think of that?"

Waldorf: "That act was a little fishy to me!"

Both: "DOHHH, HO HO HO..."

BACKSTAGE: Gobo Fraggle wanders into the Theatre through the (previously unseen) Fraggle hole in the wall. Kermit spots him and asks if he can do anything. Gobo says he's an explorer. At that moment, Gonzo shows up and tells Gobo he can do *his* act of the evening...which was simple and understated. Gonzo was going to climb Thog.

GUEST STAR: Bette Midler sings "The Rose" with Rowlf on piano. All the Muppets then gather around her and join in.

BACKSTAGE: Gobo prepares to climb Thog.

SKETCH: Muppet Newsflash--the Newsman interviews Soph (Bette Midler), who talks about secrets to a successful relationship. ("Soph" was a character Bette would often perform in her stand-up act. A truly raunchy Soph routine can be found on her CD "Mud Will Be Flung Tonight!".)

SKETCH: Gobo climbs Thog and makes it all the way up to the top of Thog's head. However, when Thog asks if he can sit down, Gobo says "no", but Thog can't hear him. The end result--as Gobo makes his descent, Thog sits on him.

Kermit: "I think I just found something else Gobo could do. Cue Vet's Hospital!"

SKETCH: "Veterinarian's Hospital"--with a flattened Gobo as the patient.

Rowlf: "Nurse Janice, who's the next patient?"

Janice: "Like, whoever Kermit could find that wasn't busy."

(they pull back the sheet to reveal Gobo)

Gobo: "Wembley and Boober warned me about this..."

Rowlf: "My goodness, what happened to you?"

Gobo: "I was climbing a monster and he sat on me."

Piggy: "Oh, the poor dear! His hopes and dreams of exploring have been squashed!"

Rowlf: "Along with the rest of him!"

Janice: "Like, what should we do, Dr. Bob?"

Rowlf: "Bring him to my piano tuner."

Piggy: "A piano tuner? Why?"

Rowlf: "That's where I go every time something goes flat."

Janice: "Good thing it's Gobo and not Lew Zealand under the sheet!"

Rowlf: "Why's that?"

Janice: "You can tune a Fraggle, but you can't tuna fish!"

UK SPOT: Miss Piggy and the Electric Mayhem perform a medley of "Miss Otis Regrets" and "Just One Of Those Things".

DRESSING ROOM: Kermit is hanging out in Bette's dressing room, and they're both looking at a picture of Jim Henson. They talk about Jim for a while and sing "Wind Beneath My Wings".

THE SWEDISH CHEF: The Chef, mistaking Gobo for a pancake, tries to cook him. However, Thog shows up at the last minute and sits on the Chef.

Waldorf: "You know, I can put that monster in a room where he can do that without crushing anyone."

Statler: "Where's that?"

Waldorf: "Astoria's SITTING room!"

Both: "Dohh, ho ho ho!"

MUPPET LABS: Bunsen invents an air machine that puts Gobo back to his normal shape, but when it's the Chef's turn, he enlarges to five times his size. Beaker is relieved that for once it's not him.

CLOSING NUMBER: Bette and Piggy sing "Do You Wanna Dance?" with the Electric Mayhem.

CLOSING THEME

Statler: "Well, do you think Midler made this show any good?"

Waldorf: "I wouldn't 'Bette' on it!"

Both: "DOHHH, HO HO HO..."

Jennifer

Reaction score
Write out these puppies, TM!

TM, I love all these outlines you do and hope that you and the others who write them might want to write them out...dialogue, full song lyrics, stage directions and all! Keep up the good work!

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

I agree. Also, it was good making a transcript form of the Veteran's Hospital sketch. Keep up the good work.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
YESSS!!! An episode where Thog has a major role! Be still my heart.

Never liked the song "The Rose", and not crazy about "Wind Beneath My Wings", but hey, liked the episode besides that.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole