Another Tms Outline!

TravellingMatt

Reaction score
SPECIAL GUEST STAR: CARLY SIMON

OPENING THEME

OPENING NUMBER: The Fraggles play "Dixie Jammin'".

Statler: "You know, those Fraggles could turn a sad situation into a great time."

Waldorf: "Remind me to take one of them home with me when I talk to Astoria!"

BACKSTAGE: Don Music has written a terrific new song and wants Kermit to debut it on the show tonight.

GUEST STAR: Carly Simon sings "Coming Around Again" with the Electric Mayhem.

SKIT: Don Music debuts his "masterpiece", albeit a bit prematurely. He doesn't even get through the first verse before he struggles, gets flustered, and bangs his head on the piano. Add to the fact that Statler and Waldorf are heckling him, and he REALLY loses it. Meanwhile, Floyd and Scooter are watching in the wings...

Floyd: "Man, that's GOTTA hurt!"

Scooter: "No kiddin'. Hope Rowlf didn't see it. You know what he'd do..."

(enter Rowlf)

Rowlf: "Kermit! I think I found our patient for Vet's Hospital!"

VETERINARIAN'S HOSPITAL: Don Music is the patient.

Rowlf: "Who's the next patient?"

Janice: "The one before the next one."

(they pull back the sheet to reveal Don Music)

Janice: "Oh wow, Dr. Bob, like, what happened to him?"

Don: "I'm a songwriter, and I can't get my next big hit, so I banged my head on the piano."

Rowlf: "Great. Another head case."

Piggy: "He'd have to be to let YOU operate on him!"

Don: "Oh, the pain I suffer for my art..."

Rowlf: "Not half as bad as the pain we suffer from this sketch."

Piggy: "Or your jokes, Dr. Bob!"

(and it goes on like this)

UK SPOT: Kermit hosts a flashback segment of the Muppets when they were younger. This week, it's the Electric Mayhem's turn. We see a segment of the Mayhem as they were just starting out, making an appearance on "The David Lazer Show". They play a song called "I Found A New Love" with Floyd on vocals, and they all look VERY different: Floyd with long hair, but no moustache (wearing a '63-era Beatles-type suit), Dr. Teeth is thinner with no hat or beard (also in the same type of suit), Zoot has hair and wears a Nehru jacket, Janice has a beehive hairdo and wears an evening gown, and Animal's hair is slicked back. David Lazer (the "Company Man" Muppet) interviews them afterwards, and Animal is surprisingly the most articulate of the bunch.

BACKSTAGE: Don Music is still trying to write his big hit song. He asks Rowlf for advice, which leads to the two of them singing "Eight Little Notes".

SONG: The Electric Mayhem play "Mockingbird", Floyd & Janice on vocals

SKIT: "Muppet Newsflash"

Newsman: "Here's a Muppet Newsflash! Dateline: Sesame Street. The popularity of the cute little red monster Elmo has resulted in a backlash. A group of lovable Sesame Street monsters has planned to dump a planeload of Tickle-Me Elmo dolls outside the Muppet newsroom... (looks at his paperwork)...correction, that group of loveable Monsters has planned to dump a planeload of Tickle-Me Elmo dolls INSIDE the Muppet newsroom...uh-oh." (as he says that, Tickle-Me Elmo dolls rain down on him, all laughing and vibrating. Cookie Monster, Grover, and Herry pop up afterwards, laughing.)

BACKSTAGE: Uncle Deadly sees Don Music struggling and offers to help. He then sings the song "Eight Beautiful Notes" and plays on his ancient organ.

SONG: "Concerto for Seven Chatty Chickens"...Gonzo conducts a chickens' chorus that performs a "Hooked on Classics"-type medley (Beethoven's 5th, La Marsellaise, and the 1812 Overture), with Rowlf in the background (wearing a hat that makes him look like a chicken). At the end, the chicken in the center lays an egg, which Gonzo presents to the audience.

Waldorf: "Well, what do you think of that?"

Statler: "This show always *did* lay an egg!"

Both: "DOHHH, HO HO HO..."

DRESSING ROOM: Kermit and Carly Simon talk about Don Music struggling to write a hit. Kermit asks Carly to encourage him and lift his spirits, and brings Don in to talk to her. Carly sings "Nobody Does It Better" to him (and is soon surrounded by Muppets who have gathered around to listen). Don's courage is renewed and he sets off to write his masterpiece.

SKETCH: Fozzie's monologue

CLOSING NUMBER: Carly sings "You're So Vain" to Miss Piggy, who gets enraged as the song progresses. She is about to karate chop Carly when she realizes she's still onstage!

CLOSING THEME

(instead of Statler and Waldorf at the end, we see Don Music and Zoot in the orchestra pit)

Don: "I did it! I did it! I have written a masterpiece! What do you think?"

Zoot: "Huh? I wasn't payin' attention, man."

(Don bangs his head on the piano again)

(Thanks to Skeeter Muppet for some of these ideas/one-liners!)

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

Well you both did a great job with that. It was hilarious. It's funny when long lost Sesame Street character's are included in these show outlines.

crazy ernie

Reaction score
TravelingMatt, think you could write an outline with mario? I'm planning to use the muppet action figures and a mario toy from wendy's to make a homemade muppet show using my lego moviemaker set

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
*applauds* Another great outline, Matt! And no problem; glad to be of help. And it's actually kind of fun :smile:

-Kim