Another TMS Outline!

TravellingMatt

Reaction score
SPECIAL GUEST: TOPOL

(For those who don't know, Chaim Topol is the actor who played Tevye in the film version of Fiddler On THe Roof. He's also performed him in London and various other locations. I figured since they had Zero Mostel, who originated the role on Broadway, on the show, they could have Topol!)

OPENING THEME

OPENING NUMBER: Gonzo sings "The Honker-Duckie-Dinger Jamboree" (using a real Muppet duck instead of a rubber one).

Statler: "The Honker-Duckie-Dinger Jamboree?"

Waldorf: "Well, it beats hanging around here!"

BACKSTAGE: Scooter, a jump ahead of Kermit this time, has decided to make the backstage area look nice for Topol. However, since Topol was in "Fiddler On The Roof", Scooter makes the backstage area look like Tevye's barn, complete with chickens, cows, and horses. Gonzo is thrilled, and starts hitting on all the chickens. Kermit, however, is not too thrilled when a horse starts eating his paperwork.

GUEST STAR: Topol sings the Yiddish song "Let's All Sing", providing translations before each verse.

BACKSTAGE: Miss Piggy comes on to Kermit yet again. When Kermit brushes her off, she stands back a few feet to give him a larger-than-life karate chop, but she forgets she's standing behind one of the horses Scooter brought in.

Kermit: (after the horse kicks Miss Piggy) "I oughtta hire that horse on a daily basis."

SKETCH: "Veterinarian's Hospital". Dr. Bob, Nurse Piggy, and Nurse Janice operate on one of the Honkers from the opening number.

UK SPOT: The Electric Mayhem sing "The Body Of An American".

DRESSING ROOM: Topol regales the Muppets with stories his parents told him about their village in Eastern Europe.

Topol: "Ah, Fozzie, there was someone like you in the shtetl."

Fozzie: "Really? Was he a great comedian?"

Topol: "Eh, not exactly. My parents told me about him. He was Moshe Chaim, the village idiot. The only times he was funny were when he wasn't trying to be funny."

Fozzie: "I see. Was there anyone that reminded you of HIM?" (motions to Gonzo)

Topol: "Yes, actually. Yankel the Weirdo!"

Gonzo: "That was my great-uncle! He could perform a Bar Mitzvah ceremony while playing a saxophone filled with salmon!"

Scooter: "Was there anyone else in your parents' village that reminds you of someone here, Mr. Topol?"

Topol: "Ah, yes! David the Errand-runner reminds me a bit of you. He was always there to get things for visitors. Thought he was a big shot too, since his uncle owned the bath house."

SONG: In a fitting move of retribution, the Electric Mayhem play "D'yer Mak'er" with a special guest artist: Junior Gorg on the Suggsaphone (basically Marvin Suggs tied to an archery target, and Junior hits him with a mallet...in various body parts...to make him scream at certain pitches.)

Statler: "You know, I always wondered why the Muppets thought violence was so funny. Violence is NOT funny..."

(Junior Gorg whacks Waldorf on the head with a mallet)

Statler: "Well, there are SOME exceptions..."

Waldorf: "This is payback for that explosion bit in the Juliet Prowse episode, isn't it?"

BACKSTAGE: Kermit gets rid of the farm animals the only way he knows how, he puts them in the background during the closing number.

CLOSING NUMBER: Topol and all the Muppets sing "To Life" (in a set replicating Fiddler On The Roof). It isn't long before Dr. Teeth and Floyd walk in with a large keg (of sparkling cider), and soon everyone is partaking. Gonzo sings the Russian solo and plays balalaika, and the Mutations do a Russian dance.

CLOSING THEME

Statler: "Hey Waldorf, wake up! The show's over!"

Waldorf: "Really? Remind me to fall asleep when the next one starts."

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

Yeah, we were due for another one of these things. I didn't know who Topol was, but that's okay since I didn't know who half the guest stars in these outlines were anyway. Lol. Good outline, especially the reference to the Juliet Prowse episode.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
I also love the Juliet Prowse reference. Didja see that one recently, or read the Muppet Show Book?

Love the horse gags, and the anecdotes from Topol. This is a good one!

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

Nope. I remembered the part about the exploding cigar part from the "Muppet Show" book. I probably won't receive the Juliet Prowse episode on video for quite a few months yet. What is it on, Volume 15?

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Re: Reply

Originally posted by Daffyfan2002
Nope. I remembered the part about the exploding cigar part from the "Muppet Show" book. I probably won't receive the Juliet Prowse episode on video for quite a few months yet. What is it on, Volume 15?
I think that's the one. It's got Senor Wences and Lola Falana on it, in case you're wondering.

Now, onto the episode. Another great piece of art, Matt.

BACKSTAGE: Scooter, a jump ahead of Kermit this time, has decided to make the backstage area look nice for Topol.
I just had to say this...the go-fer is a "jump" ahead of the frog? *snickers* Did you pun that on purpose, Matt?

Waldorf: "This is payback for that explosion bit in the Juliet Prowse episode, isn't it?"
*giggles* Yes Waldorf, it is. I loved that part.

-Kim

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

O.K., maybe I'll do a little math here. I was supposed to get Volume 8 this month, but they had trouble processing my credit card number so I had to resend the bill, so I should get volumes 8 and 9 in November. I should get volume 10 in December, 11 in January, 12 in February, 13 in March, 14 in April and I guess I won't get volume 15 until May. Also, they might mess up the order. I got volumes 1 and 2 out of order and I still haven't received volumes 5 and 6. I'll just have to wait and see.