Another TMS Outline!

TravellingMatt

Reaction score
SPECIAL GUEST STAR: STING

Kermit announces that the entire show is devoted to Sting's music.

OPENING NUMBER: The Electric Mayhem sing and play "We'll Be Together".

Statler: "Hey Waldorf, do you think being together in this box for 25 years has affected our friendship?"

Waldorf: "Nope! I couldn't stand you back then, and I still can't stand you now! Ha ha ha ha ha..."

Statler: "Hey Waldorf...YOUR FACE!"

Waldorf: "What about my face?"

(Statler backhands him and laughs)

BACKSTAGE: The entire Muppet gang is surprised by a new arrival (and old friend) backstage--Scooter's long lost twin sister, Skeeter. She now sports long red hair, wears a black leather jacket, white t-shirt, and blue jeans, and is quite cynical and sarcastic. She is annoyed by Scooter's boundless enthusiasm and sees the Muppet Theatre as a place to just hang out.

GUEST STAR: Sting sings "Desert Rose" with the Mayhem and an Anything Muppet who sings the Arabic parts of the song, against a desert backdrop. Sopwith the Camel is also seen in the background.

Statler: "Sting could do another song with that backdrop!"

Waldorf: "Which one?"

Statler: "SHEIK, Rattle and Roll!"

Both: "DOHHH, ho ho ho..."

SKIT: Muppet Newsflash--the Newsman interviews an English native, Arthur Solsbury (Sting), who has hatched a plot to make the guards at Buckingham Palace laugh. His plan? He's ordered a few blunt and/or heavy objects to fall on the Newsman.

BACKSTAGE: It doesn't take long for Skeeter to develop a crush on someone...Zoot. She feels that he's a very deep and nurturing person, whereas Scooter, and most of the other Muppets, for that matter, think otherwise.

VETERINARIAN'S HOSPITAL: Dr. Bob, Nurse Janice, and Nurse Piggy attempt to perform brain surgery on Link Hogthrob...which isn't too successful, since he doesn't really have one.

Link: "Doctor, how long can one live without a brain?"

Rowlf: "I dunno, how old are you?"

UK SPOT: Kermit sings "Don't Stand So Close To Me" to Miss Piggy.

DRESSING ROOM: Miss Piggy and Sting chit-chat, and she tells Sting she wishes he'd sing "They Dance Alone", because it's her favorite song that he wrote. Sting then sings it and is soon surrounded by all the Muppets who've come in to listen.

MUPPET SPORTS: Lewis Kazagger interviews the Great Gonzo, who is prepared to compete in a hardcore wrestling match against himself.

GUEST STAR: Sting is relaxing in his dressing room when Skeeter comes in and laments about how Scooter is giving her a hard time about everything. Sting reminds her that she should always love her brother, and starts singing "Love Is The Seventh Wave" as all the Muppets join him, including the African masks from the Harry Belafonte episode.

The show ends with the Muppets and Sting still singing the song as Kermit sends us all off. Even Statler and Waldorf join in.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Nice outline, TravellingMatt. Would have liked to see a more familiar song selection, but the inclusion of a grown-up version of Skeeter was a great plot twist. The African Masks coming back for a special number at the end of the show was another nice touch. Keep up the great work.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

Yeah, I thought of posting that on the New Muppet Movies Thread. Something like "The Search for Scooter's Long Lost Sister." This was a better idea. I also really liked the idea of reusing those African masks.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Another good one! One suggestion though: for that first S & W comment, I think you should switch who says what, because Statler was always the meaner of the two, and also it was Waldorf who would backhand Statler in the face, causing it to become all scrunched up. Picture it with the two switching lines and you'll see what I mean.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

TravellingMatt

Reaction score
Actually, I had Statler say "Your face" because...well...that was Richard's line, although now that you mention it, it would be funny to hear a character that WASN'T performed by Richard saying it. Skeeter Muppet and I were wondering a few days ago what would've happened if someone had used Richard's line against him...

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Yeah, and we're STILL wondering! :wink:

Great job, Matt. Sorry I didn't see this sooner. I thought the song selection was all right (and you surprised me by sticking "They Dance Alone" in there. (and if anyone doesn't know what the song is about and wants to know, email or private message me)). And the Skeeter and Zoot thing...how long have we talked about that, anyway?

Again, good job!

-Kim

Salmoto

Reaction score
I also really liked the idea of reusing those African masks.
The irony is that in the Jim Henson days they'd reuse muppets, but now adays they tend to prefer building Muppets for any occasion. I feel especially sorry for that one character who was only built to look like he was whistling the opening theme song to Muppets Tonight.

P

Philip Kippel

It's about time that another one of TravelingMatt's brilliant "Muppet Show" outlines appeared on these boards.

TravelingMatt, your TMS Outlines are wonderful--please keep writing more of them.

Can't wait to read your next TMS Outline.