Another TV Land Outrage!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Okay, has anybody besides me been watching TV Land lately? Have you seen the promos for the new show they're adding to their line-up? Just Shoot Me!. Now, what's wrong with this picture? Well, TV Land is supposed to be for the "TV and retro classics", right? Shows of "yesteryear", right? Well, the last time I checked, Just Shoot Me! premiered in 1997 and ended in 2003... maybe it was an instant "TV classic", but how in the world is this a "retro classic"? ! Granted, this isn't as crazy as them adding Extreme Makeover: Home Edition to their lineup, but what is UP with them lately? They might as well add Seinfeld, Everybody Loves Raymond, The King of Queens, Yes Dear, My Name is Earl, or even The Office to their lineup!

wwfpooh

Reaction score
They probably will add those sitcoms, considering George Lopez and Home Improvement are aired Nick-at-Nite.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
They probably will add those sitcoms, considering George Lopez and Home Improvement are aired Nick-at-Nite.
Well, Nick @ Nite starting airing "modern classics" quite a few years ago, if my memory serves correctly... I guess that means TV Land is slowly trying to catch up? Wait a minute... they're BOTH owned by Viacom, aren't they?

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Well, Nick @ Nite starting airing "modern classics" quite a few years ago, if my memory serves correctly... I guess that means TV Land is slowly trying to catch up? Wait a minute... they're BOTH owned by Viacom, aren't they?
Yep, and so, no wonder TV Land is catching up with its counterpart.

travellingpat

Reaction score
Well theyre not going to add The Office or Earl considering they are both still on the air...i really dont have a problem with them addding just shoot me...its a great show and its not airing on any other network...so you might as well

Drtooth

Reaction score
Okay, has anybody besides me been watching TV Land lately? Have you seen the promos for the new show they're adding to their line-up? Just Shoot Me!. Now, what's wrong with this picture? Well, TV Land is supposed to be for the "TV and retro classics", right? Shows of "yesteryear", right? Well, the last time I checked, Just Shoot Me! premiered in 1997 and ended in 2003... maybe it was an instant "TV classic", but how in the world is this a "retro classic"? ! Granted, this isn't as crazy as them adding Extreme Makeover: Home Edition to their lineup, but what is UP with them lately?

I don't know. What is up with Catrtoon Network running live action, a variety channel like the Disney Channel losing it's variety, and Warners not rerunning any of its 90's cartoons itself, letting Warner Brothers cartoons on Toon Disney? The latter doesn't sound that bad. I heard they started running Superman, Batman, and best of all Pinky and the Brain on that network. But still. Why do these people evcen have network jobs? If you can't run a fringe network without trying to be oh so hip and catering to an imaginary 20's focus group, you really should have your job taken away.

But I agree. it's not as bad as Home Makeover. At least JSM was cancelled a few years ago.

travellingpat

Reaction score
Yeah i understand you there....i dont get why theyre showing EM either....it confuses me....i get what you mean now

Drtooth

Reaction score
And that's not even a sitcom. And it's pop.

I hate TV Land and cable stations like it. they buy up all the classic sitcom reruns they can, and they refuse to let local stations air it. And they never air them anymore themselves.

Oh well, if I am awake at 11PM I get to watch Cheers on 38...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
And that's not even a sitcom. And it's pop.

I hate TV Land and cable stations like it. they buy up all the classic sitcom reruns they can, and they refuse to let local stations air it. And they never air them anymore themselves.
Not necessarily true...

I have two local CBS affiliates in my town, one of them plays The Andy Griffith Show in the afternoon, while the other plays Little House on the Prairie and The Cosby Show in the afternoon, while it also plays M*A*S*H in the evening.

Also, my local PAX used to play Green Acres in the late afternoon/early evening, and they also used to play Hogan's Heroes in the evening. Currently, however, they ARE playing Mama's Family in the evening.

WGN also plays The Cosby Show every afternoon.

And my local NBC used to play I Love Lucy everyday at 12:30 for the LONGEST time, but it wasn't until recently they replaced it with the black and white episodes of The Beverly Hillbillies.