Another TV Land Outrage!

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Well, I think Everybody Loves Raymond it coming to Nick At Nite in 2011, so you never know?

And it's great to see that late ninties um, "clasic?":confused: "Just Shoot Me" Coming to TV land as well.:stick_out_tongue::rolleyes:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Hey... Snowth... check this out http://www.cynopsis.com/content/view/3288/53/

Nick at Nite has picked up the cable syndication rights to The CW's off-net comedy Everybody Hates Chris, from CBS TV Distribution, on a cash + 2m barter basis, and a minimum of 4 seasons (80 episodes). In the nonexclusive four-year deal, NAN will debut the sitcom in the fall of 2009, and plans to air it in primetime. Everybody Hates Chris has already been cleared in off-network broadcast syndication for fall 2009 in 52% of the US on stations from the Fox, CBS, Cox Television and Weigel Broadcasting station groups. The fourth season of the series is currently in production.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I've gotten used to Nick@Nite playing "modern" sitcoms; I remember back when they said they were switching their format over to "modern favorites"... TV Land, I just still can't get over, because it's SUPPOSED to be strictly for the "classics", not "instant classics" like Extreme Makeover, Just Shoot Me, or now [scrubs]!

Drtooth

Reaction score
TV Land, I just still can't get over, because it's SUPPOSED to be strictly for the "classics", not "instant classics" like Extreme Makeover, Just Shoot Me, or now [scrubs]!
I do like Scrubs and all, but how in shell is Extreme home Makeover a classic in any right? Reality shows were meant to be forgettible and regrettible.

The shareholders of these networks really need to revolt, buy up more stock or threaten to pull out, just so they can oust these Trust Fund Kids Eisner style. They have no business running networks if they say that their target audience isn't good enough, and they'd rather get the viewers who are watching everything else. Said viewers are happy watching everything else, so basically you lost 2 audiences right there.

I'd put it this way. You're a big company. You have this great new product you want people to buy. You need an advertising firm. It would be like hiring someone to say, "Please don't buy our product. It's terrible! Buy someone else's instead". Why would anyone in their right minds hire those people to make a commercial for you? That's exactly the message these kids are saying. We don't want to sell your product, we want to sell someone else's.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
The shareholders of these networks really need to revolt, buy up more stock or threaten to pull out, just so they can oust these Trust Fund Kids Eisner style. They have no business running networks if they say that their target audience isn't good enough, and they'd rather get the viewers who are watching everything else. Said viewers are happy watching everything else, so basically you lost 2 audiences right there.
So you're saying who exactly are they trying to appeal to other them themselves?:confused:

Drtooth

Reaction score
The group of people with the most disposable income that apparently only watches the popular stuff on television. In otther words, the majority of cool 20 and 30 somethings in the "mainstream." (in the case of Cartoon Network, it's to get the exact same 7-15 year olds that watch Disney Channel's live action garbage dump).

Redsonga

Reaction score
Scrubs is one of my all time favorite shows but I don't want it on TV Land. Anymore than I want that Makeover show or that show about High School 20 years later being there. TV Land was suppose to be a way away from reality tv and drama, not a way of supporting it :stick_out_tongue:!
I hate all forms of it, I have since the first ones were made when I was in high school. It's not real and it high lights all the things wrong and soap opera-ish about humans -.-

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
The group of people with the most disposable income that apparently only watches the popular stuff on television. In otther words, the majority of cool 20 and 30 somethings in the "mainstream." (in the case of Cartoon Network, it's to get the exact same 7-15 year olds that watch Disney Channel's live action garbage dump).
Oh! So you mean 20 something cartoon watching nerds are out of the equation? Aaaahahahahahahahahaha!:big_grin: