1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Antron Fleece (Muppet Fleece)

Discussion in 'Puppet Building and Performing' started by SterlingKatniss, Nov 5, 2012.

1. SterlingKatniss New Member

My husband and I are big Muppet fans and I decided for Christmas I would build him a Muppet. I have all the other material I need, but I can't find a proper site that sells Antron.

Now, I am just starting my first ever Muppet, so I'm not well versed on nicknames and other terms for fabrics. I found this site :http://www.gastage.com/ga-stage-stage-curtains.php but I cant find Antron.

I have a feeling with this project I'm biting off more than I can chew. :/
  2. Slackbot Well-Known Member

Call Georgia Stage. They may not have it listed, but they do sell Antron fleece when they have it in stock. I bought some from them a few months ago, and they were very friendly about it. If they have it to sell they'll get your info and send you a quote, and you fill out the form and send it back. Soon you have a box of Antron at your doorstop. :)
  3. Animal31 Active Member

I know MC member Goochman sells it as well, and dyes it for you too...

What an awesome gift, good luck!
  4. TheCreatureWork Active Member

5. Slackbot Well-Known Member

Ooh, nice resource list! I just ordered some black self-adhesive velvet for pupils. I've been looking for the paper and never thought of looking for velvet. It'll look so much better than that hairy felt I've been using.
  6. SterlingKatniss New Member

Ok so I found White Atron fleece anyone know of a good dye to do flesh color.
  7. Slackbot Well-Known Member

8. Goochman Member

I would not use petal pink alone for flesh tone, you'll end up with a nice pink, but you need to mix it with something else.
  9. RealWonderman Member

Hello! I don't want to hijack the thread, but I have a question about antron fleece. My Ms. Piggy tribute replica (seen in my avatar) is lacking make-up. Any suggestions as to what to use for make-up for Ms. Piggy? She's antron fleece.

Thanks!!
  10. Slackbot Well-Known Member

Whoa. No matter what you use, I'd urge you to try it out on a test swatch first!
  11. Katana New Member

Just getting back to the idea of building a puppet myself...this was a great thread. Thanks ":)
  12. staceyrebecca Member

Don't forget that the Puppetry Store (through Puppeteers of America) also sells it! & I don't believe you pay shipping if you're in the US.

http://store.puppeteers.org/