1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Antron Fleece on Etsy

Discussion in 'Puppets For Sale' started by Teenager's, Mar 25, 2013.

1. Teenager's

Teenager's Member

Hi!

I just launched an Etsy store - Exciting! - I'm selling a couple of large, stray pieces of pre-dyed Antron Fleece to begin with.

I have three separate colors up right now - yellow, neon safety yellow and beige.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/PuppetryClub?ref=pr_shop_more

* As a side note, the beige is perfect for a flesh tone as well as using as a base color to dye darker shades.

2. Teenager's

Teenager's Member

Anyone looking for specific colors or lengths?

3. im looking for a correct kermit green

4. Teenager's

Teenager's Member

You could probably use the Neon Safety Yellow and then dye it a couple of shades darker with RIT dye.

Or use the Beige to start from a more neutral color. Both will take the dye very well. It's super easy to dye Antron. These pre-dyed pieces can always go darker - and that depends on how long it's left in the dye bath.

Originally I started with the beige to make the yellow - I mixed several different yellow RIT dyes with salt, tested a couple of swatches with different soak times and ultimately I let the yardage soak for 15 minutes - repeatedly mixing it to agitate the fabric. Very successful in achieving an even color. I did this in my bathtub because I had to dye ten yards of yellow for a project - but you could use any sort of container.

5. Buck-Beaver

Buck-Beaver Well-Known Member

This is the newer Antron I'm assuming?