Any "Arrested Development" fans?

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
I dismissed the show when it first started appearing, but now I know I just wasn't paying attention, because once I did, I found the show to be brilliant in its straightforward, ironic, low-keyed and razor-sharp comedy. It has IMO the best and most tightly knit writing on television.

Also of note is a comparison to the writing style of "Fraggle Rock" in that both used parallels and juxtapositions as a modus operandi, only AD carries it to an absurd extreme. Just thought I'd offer that thought.

Oh, and Jessica Walter, who plays the stingingly critical, alcoholic matriarch Lucille was also the voice of Fran Sinclair on Jim Henson's "Dinosaurs".

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

muppetwriter

Reaction score
I remember watching a marathon of this show on Fox's FX channel back in late 2003. It was so brilliantly funny!! The Bluth family reminds me so much of my family, in the sense that they all live under the same roof and manage to keep themselves together, despite the fact that they drive each other crazy!:smile:

I like Ron Howard's narration on each episode, including that one where the adopted daughter character (I forget her name) makes a crack at her cousin, who has a big crush on her, by calling him Opie; and Ron Howard says something like, "She had best watch her mouth." That was so hilarious!

Oh, and I was surprised to find out that the alcholic mother on the show (Jessica Walter) was the same actress that voiced Fran Sinclair. But she's not the only "Muppet Actor" to appear on the show. Jeffrey Tambor (Ed from "Muppets From Space" and the Wizard of Oz) is on the show, too.:big_grin: