1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Any Beaker fans?

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by Drtooth, Apr 16, 2002.

1. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Meep Meep Muh-Meep Mee? Uh.. Oops, I lost my focus. Anyway, Who else here just adores Beaker. In the words of a fellow art student, whom I complimented for having a Beaker plush, "Ya gotta have Beaker!" I swear (shouldn't, it's not nice) he is one of the oddest Muppets out there. I feel sorry for the little dude, though. Dr. Bunsen always trying to test his stuff on Beak, always gets burned or clobbered. Man I tell you, he's one bad MEEP!!
  2. Crazy Harry

Crazy Harry New Member

How can anyone not love the Meepman?
  3. Raech

Raech Member

I thought it was a given that everyone loved Beaker. I am wondering who doesn't.... and why not?? I can hardly wait for his action figure with the playset.

Meep Meep Meeeeeep!
  4. Jackie

Jackie New Member

My favorite Beaker moment was when he sang his rendition of "Meeep Meeeeeeep"

:) Seriously! LOL!!!
  5. Jara19

Jara19 New Member

Gotta love beeker! Can not wait for the figure.
  6. BorkBork

BorkBork New Member

Here are some pics of my own homemade Beakerpuppet, for those that have not seen them yet.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

/Anders
  7. Drtooth

That is one cool Homemade Puppet! The best I can do is with socks. Meep Meep!
  8. Gonzo

Gonzo Active Member

I just saw the Muppet Show episode for the first time where Bunsen builds a Xerox machine that copies Beaker--so there are SEVEN Beakers running around the theatre looking for Bunsen, trying to get revenge, I suppose, for all of the manglings done him by Dr. Honeydew. The episode ends with the orchestra pit filled with Beakers, and even the Statler and Waldorf comment at the end comes from two Beakers in the balcony. CLASSIC, CLASSIC stuff, that I hadn't ever seen before. I was laughing so hard tears were rolling down my ever-so-cute cheeks.

I think I'm late for class now.

Quinnnnnnnnnn
  9. BorkBork

BorkBork New Member

Man, i think i remember that episode. I was very little when i saw that, i thought i had forgot that.

I wish that they'd release the us dvd's in europe!!! I know i hav babbled about that before, but i need my dose of muppets :)

/Anders
  10. Beakersgirl

Beakersgirl New Member

Oh yes

Beaker is so funny! Definitely my favorite muppet.
  11. rowf2755

rowf2755 New Member

i love him!

I LOVE Beaker! MEEP MEEP!
  12. Drtooth

Hey! Someone unleashed one of my first posts! :eek:
  13. janicerulz

janicerulz New Member

Of course Beaker Rules

There are so many classic Beaker moments, who can count? One of my favorite Beaker moments is when spoke (ok, well, was able to be understood) in the original Muppet Movie discussing the instant growth pills.

Honey Dew: "But the effects are sadly temporary"
    Beaker: "Madmy Mempomary"

I can still remember my parents watching the movie on TV after I had been FORCED to go to bed (darn school nights!!). I sat at the top of the stairs to hear two scenes.... That was one.... Then, I prompty went to bed (as originally sent).

--JRulz :)

(oh, and the other scene? The Sweedish Chef running the movie -- "the Flim it go flip flip flip flip" and "The flim is okeley dokely")
  14. Pug Lover

Pug Lover New Member

Yeah I like Beaker.I always found it hilarious how all he ever says is"Meemeemeemeep".It makes me wonder how Bunsun Honeydew can understand him.My favourite Beaker moment would have to be the episode that has been mentioned already.Where he was duplicated seven times.The episode guest starred Mac Davis.It was a riot when Mac Davis performed his closing musical number I Believe In Music,with a whole chorus of Beakers.Hilarious! :eek:
  15. rowf2755

rowf2755 New Member

16. Klonoa

Klonoa New Member

He 'talks' in Muppet Party Cruise as well. When announcing his game, 'Chemical Imbalance' he says, "Mee mee mee mee mee memeical memalance." If Piggy wins the game he goes, "Mee mee mee mee snort snort snort."

--Klonoa
  17. dmx10101

dmx10101 Member

I just watched the episode of TMS where he gets multiplied and there is six of him for the whole show.
  18. erniebert1234ss

erniebert1234ss Active Member

my fave beeker moment is in the Gilda Radner eppy when Gilda slings Beeker around during the "Tap Your Troubles Away" number. He's so cute!

BJ
  19. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

That's the one I would have if Timelife hadn't screwed up. Maybe I'll ask for that in my Easter Basket. I'd really like to see that Beaker tapdance number.
  20. Don_Music_2004

Don_Music_2004 New Member

That was an Awsome one JACKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My favorite Beaker moment is when Bunsen made him really tall and then both his legs fell in opposite directions and Beaker went "MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP..............." :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek It is actually on a tape I have from 1993 called "Meet the Muppets"