Any Bronies on here?

animalrescuer

Reaction score
I started watching the show last year after someone on YouTube pointed out similarities between the show and Fraggle Rock and I admit, I love the show! The show definitely has its moments and the writers and the voice actors do a great job in each episode.

Aside from Phineas and Ferb, this is among the only good animated shows that exists today and best of all, the characters are definitely not snobby or purposefully stupid like many "kids shows" or "tween shows" that exist today.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
And Dan Vs, which is rumored to have been cancelled. *sigh*

Ponies overshadowed it and despite it really going back to 90s cartoons, no one gave it a second thought because PONIES!

>_>

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
And Dan Vs, which is rumored to have been cancelled. *sigh*
Dan Vs is getting the axe? Oy, yeah. MLP definitely overshadowed it and that's really unfortunate. The Hub needs to have more shows that aren't revolving around established franchises... I'm not a huge fan of the show though I find it amusing, certainly give it credit for being the risky show on a kid's network that it is.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I'm not blaming MLP for it getting cancelled (if it actually is), but I do blame the Hub and Hasbro for just pushing it under the rug the way they did. They used to advertise it all the time and had marathons, and then they moved it to this ridiculous 2:30 (or maybe it was 4:30? I dunno...) timeslot on saturday and just forgot about it. That pretty much doomed it.

Truthfully, it would have done better on Adult Swim

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score
I'm almost scared to ask this but what are good episodes to watch?

I've only seen episodes with the young ponies and while they were ok, I didn't really think they were anything special.
The episodes focusing on the Apple family (Family Appreciation Day, The Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000 and and Apple Family Reunion) have the strongest stories in my opinion. Hurricane Fluttershy and Party for One are also a really good episodes.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Dan Vs is getting the axe? Oy, yeah. MLP definitely overshadowed it and that's really unfortunate. The Hub needs to have more shows that aren't revolving around established franchises... I'm not a huge fan of the show though I find it amusing, certainly give it credit for being the risky show on a kid's network that it is.
And they screw over any existing franchise if there's a movie (cough: G.I. Joe Renegades).

I have yet to see Dan Vs. I'm afraid of it, actually. From what I've heard and seen of the show, it seems like something that would be like looking into a horrifying mirror. Just like Welcome to the NHK was to me. It's probably great, and I'd enjoy it... but it looks like it hits a little close. But it does seem like something completely on the wrong network.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I have yet to see Dan Vs. I'm afraid of it, actually. From what I've heard and seen of the show, it seems like something that would be like looking into a horrifying mirror. Just like Welcome to the NHK was to me. It's probably great, and I'd enjoy it... but it looks like it hits a little close. But it does seem like something completely on the wrong network.
In that case, start with mid season 2 where things get a bit weird. Season 1 was much more grounded in reality. But starting season 2 you've got episodes like Dan Vs the Dinosaur and Dan Vs the Mummy. Watch the ones that aren't as grounded in reality. Although my personal favorite is Dan Vs Ye Olde Shakespeare Dinner Theatre and Dan vs the Telemarketer, both of which I wrote a summary on :stick_out_tongue:

Although The Mummy isn't very good and probably my least favorite

Drtooth

Reaction score
Seriously.. Dan Vs looks like a slightly better looking version of me. I've got a permanent scowl.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Yeah, but do you really have a grudge against vegetables and would go so far as to steal a government truck with herbicides and go to every place that serves vegetables and use it on them, then steal a molecule generator thingy that causes broccoli to come to live and thinks your its dad and then it proceeds to try and kill you? That's how over the top and nonsensical a lot of these episodes are...