Any Closing Logos Fans?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
You know all of 'em, you've loved some of 'em, you've even been scared by some of 'em... but how can you possibly end a show or a movie without the production company's closing logo?

And what a weird thing to be a fan or, I know, but hey, apparently some of us exist, lol.

If you ask me, I think my all-time favorite closing logo would have to be the Krofft Entertainment logo from the 70s through early 90s... that is SO cool! My least favorite logo is Colex Enterprises... seems to me like it would be better suited as a video game company logo. And of course, Viacom's "V of Doom" scared the living crap out of me as a kid (though I have to say, I find absolutely nothing scary about Screen Gem's "S from ****").

Drtooth

Reaction score
I always wondered about the sensation of logophobia that seems to spread around the internet... and the even more bizarre Youtube fad of "fantasy logos" putting odd endings of TV shows with the wrong logo at the end. I don't get it at all.

My favorite ending logo will always be the Inspector Gadget DIC closing in which he flails by on his Go Go Gadget Skates and accidentally bashes the dot in the "i" with his Go Go Gadget Hammer. And some of the old Jim Henson ones too... especially the one with the animated Kermit hand hanging up the sign, and all the letters fall off.

mr3urious

Reaction score
There's a Wiki dedicated to closing logos called the CLG Wiki, which I happen to be an admin for. I don't update there as often as I used to, though, as I'm starting to find the phenomenon ridiculous.

http://www.closinglogos.com/

Drtooth said:
I always wondered about the sensation of logophobia that seems to spread around the internet... and the even more bizarre Youtube fad of "fantasy logos" putting odd endings of TV shows with the wrong logo at the end. I don't get it at all.
It's very popular with autistics and Aspies (people with Asperger's syndrome, including myself). They tend to be drawn to strange things like that. :smile:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
There's a Wiki dedicated to closing logos called the CLG Wiki, which I happen to be an admin for. I don't update there as often as I used to, though, as I'm starting to find the phenomenon ridiculous.

http://www.closinglogos.com/
Holy crap, I'll have to check this place out for myself!

EDIT: Hey, who's the meatball who already registered my e-mail addy?
It's very popular with autistics and Aspies (people with Asperger's syndrome, including myself). They tend to be drawn to strange things like that. :smile:
Well, as I've said a million times, I've always been eccentric, lol.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I really like closing logos. My favorites include the Warner Bros. "That's all, folks!", the MTM Enterprises logo (especially on Newhart, where Bob Newhart provided the cats meow), UBU Productions' "Sit, Ubu, sit", and the 1980's "Henson Associates/Jim Henson Company" logos with an animated Kermit arm hanging signs with the logo.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I also forgot to mention another logo I really like is the 90s updated version of the DiC Kid in Bed (otherwise known as "Thank God that kid's asleep" which makes me howl)... other versions before or after not so much.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Hey, Snowth... what about that Bagdasarian Productions logo where the Chipmunks are barely able to hold up the logo, and Alvin catches a letter on his foot?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah, that was nice, but I'm a little more partial to the still logo from the mid-to-late 80s where he proudly holds up one letter, while an annoyed Simon and Theodore struggle to hold up the rest of "BAGDASARIAN".

SillyRed

Reaction score
The Jim Henson Productions logos with the Kermit arm doing things like turning off the TV, the darts, The shade, the letters falling off, they were funny!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm kinda diggin' the new Sesame Workshop logo, myself... the one with all the foreign characters in it. Pretty simplistic and all, and I'm not a fan of the type face... but I just think the inclusion of the foreign characters is great.

Never really liked that 1970's moog stuff they used to have. I'm not big on the logophobia stuff, but the old laser writing CTW logo (and that horrid moog 1970's PBS logo) just have horrible electronic buzziness to them that just doesn't sound pleasant.