Any Closing Logos Fans?

ISNorden

Reaction score
The 1967-70 version of Dragnet? And thanks for telling me the logo name! I found a link to it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzuDDx3AypM How dramatic most of those are in the link! And yes, I think the reasons you said are why I found it a bit heavy, so to speak, even if I wasn't scared in the way certain other things scared me. (Do we have a 'scary TV' thread?)
Watched the clip--the version I remembered looks most like the one at time marker 1:10 and didn't include any theme music. Someone else on YouTube mentioned Adam-12 having the Mark VII closing logo, though; that show was on in the late 60s/early 70s too, so I probably spotted the logo there.

Convincing John

Reaction score
Some of my favorites...

Heh...I kinda liked the moog PBS thing they had after the old Sesame Street. If anything else, it makes me feel nostalgic.

There were logos I liked as a kid, too. Sometimes I just thought they looked cool. Mostly, though, they were signals that something awesome was about to happen.

First, for those of you who had HBO back in the day, they played this logo right before Fraggle Rock:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7TU94w1twc

I liked the HBO logo even more, since I once had a "Fraggle Rock HBO" shirt with the World's Oldest Fraggle peeking out of the "O".

I can't believe no one's mentioned this next logo yet. With all of us being Muppet fans, this logo always gave me goosebumps because I knew The Muppet Show was coming on!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDEfPf_t5x4

For the same reason of anticipation, I loved the CBS "SPECIAL" twirling logo. It meant that some really cool Snoopy, Garfield or Bugs Bunny special was less than five seconds away.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiUcVp6i1tM

When I was little, I also liked the 20th Century Fox logo. The reason was each time I saw it, I expected Star Wars to come on. One time at the age of 4, I heard that drumroll and fanfare and raced into the living room. The logo appeared and I was excited, ready to see all the spaceships, droids and lightsabers.

But instead...they played "The Sound of Music"! I was so mad, I clobbered Julie Andrews in the face with one of the sofa pillows before storming out of the room.

I was also freaked out by the "Viacom V of Doom" as a toddler. It wasn't because I thought the V would "get me" (like other people online have said). I thought if I didn't change the channel, the "V" would zoom forward, smash through the TV and break it and I'd get in trouble for it. Kids think weird things sometimes.:smirk:

Convincing John

Drtooth

Reaction score
When I was little, I also liked the 20th Century Fox logo. The reason was each time I saw it, I expected Star Wars to come on. One time at the age of 4, I heard that drumroll and fanfare and raced into the living room. The logo appeared and I was excited, ready to see all the spaceships, droids and lightsabers.

But instead...they played "The Sound of Music"! I was so mad, I clobbered Julie Andrews in the face with one of the sofa pillows before storming out of the room.
While it's more of an opening Logo, I gotta say, I really like the Piano variant they ONLY used for Rocky horror Picture Show.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I got to reading about the various Krofft logos on the Wiki, and I have to say, I'm completely surprised that their "Psychedelic Constellation" logo from the late 70s to early 90s has a scare factor of medium-to-high and is considered very creepy. I think it's completely awesome, and one of the coolest logos I've ever seen. :crazy:

MrsPepper

Reaction score
I love this thread, and (to whoever did it, i forget which user! >< ) thanks for posting the closing logos website! how fun. I keep going back to look at it!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
One logo that used to bother me as a kid was the old Harmony Gold logo that was used for a Halloween special with Raggedy Ann & Andy (and apparently some Zulu mini-series my parents watched).

It wasn't scary or annoying or anything, I just never liked it... not sure why...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
For the record, I like closing logos so much that I design and animate all my own as well; I'm happy that I've received a bit of positive reviews regarding what I call "The Funky Typewriter" logo I've attached on select Steve D'Monster videos, though it has since been retired and I'm ready to reveal a new logo which I'll probably be attaching to the end of Steve D'Monster & Friends.

Kiki

Reaction score
I don't believe it was a closing logo (actually, maybe it was. Yes. I think so.), but Muppet-wise my favourite one from the mid-80s with Kermit (Muppet Home Video), where there was a shooting star or something. It would appear on old videos of FR and Tales Of Muppetland stories. Yeah... that one was cute. And I also liked the My Sesame Street Home Video one with Cookie, for nostelgic reasons I suppose.