Any conspiracy theory buffs?

Vic Romano

Reaction score
The JFK assassination, UFOs and Area 51, Freemasons and the New World Order, Elvis faking his death... I love conspiracy theories! Anyone else enjoy or believe any? And if so, what are your favorites? What do you believe? Let's discuss! :confused::search:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I definitely think there could have been a JFK conspiracy. I'm not too sure about UFOs, but I still love watching all the documentaries, hehe.

ngreen522

Reaction score
I just watched a PBS documentary on the JFK assassination last night. Good stuff. But I've always kinda belived the area 51 theory about how the moon landing was staged. I hear they're planning on going back in 2020. ... "going back" ? ? Yeah right. They know this will be our first trip lol. Why do we have to wait soooo long to do something we've supposedly already done? :shifty:

I smell a rat. ... no offense Rizzo.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I believe there was definitely a conspiracy to assassinate the president as a coup d'état. I love the "grassy knoll" theory, but I don't buy it. And while I believe Oswald did in fact shoot Kennedy, I don't believe he could have pulled off the (supposed) three shots alone. I also believe Johnson was somehow involved because he was just a ruthless guy.

I just read yesterday that not only are we planning to return to the moon, but with the intentions of building a permanent lunar outpost! How cool is that? I do believe we went to the moon, mainly because I can't understand going to the trouble of faking it over actually doing it. Kennedy was dead by the time we went, and was the only president to really show that much interest, so why pay lip service to a deceased commander in chief?

If you're interested in Jack Kennedy's assassination, his brother Bobby's tragic end is even more mysterious IMO.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I do think we went to the moon. The real conspiracy to me was that the only reason the government funded NASA so much back then was to beat the Russians. After that was done, NASA has been practically left in the lurch for all these years.

Why did we have to wait so long to go back to the moon? Because the government doesn't care enough to fund.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Anybody beleve Walt Disney's body is cryogenically frozen and in a lake somewhere?

What I really believe with all my heart is hat the Matrix has you. :shifty:

dwmckim

Reaction score
I can't say i'm a "conspiracy theory buff" because each theory is its own case and some are silly and others are quite probable so it's not like i seek them out or anything. (Not to mention the term "conspiracy theory" is one of those nasty phrases people throw out to devalue a concept if they don't want people to believe in it - much like "liberal media")

There are some things that others will call conspiracy theories that i believe and others that i think bear looking into though and don't believe or disbelieve but keep an open mind that it's a legitimate theory that bears further research. I do believe the government knows and keeps from the public lots of information about not only ufos but general aircraft technology, i also strongly believe that Diebold and other voting machine companies are part of a cabal to fix elections. I also tend to believe more than not that Bush/Cheney knew about 9/11 before it happened though i haven't yet quite crossed into the group of those that believe that he actually was involved with its planning.

And i shudder to think about all the various things our government has been up to and kept secret that we still don't really know about.

Son of Enik

Reaction score
I definitely think JFK's death was a conspiracy and UFO's have to be real...to steal from Charlton Heston, "I can't help but think that somewhere in the universe there has to be something better than man...".
As far as Walt Disney being frozen, false. His final wish was to be cremated and that's exactly what his family did. It was on TVLand's "Myths & Legends" recently, and I also heard it from Roy E. Disney himself.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I totally think there could be aliens elsewhere. I just don't trust most of what I see in the TV documentaries, hehe.

Kiki

Reaction score
I believe there was definitely a conspiracy to assassinate the president as a coup d'état. I love the "grassy knoll" theory, but I don't buy it. And while I believe Oswald did in fact shoot Kennedy, I don't believe he could have pulled off the (supposed) three shots alone. I also believe Johnson was somehow involved because he was just a ruthless guy.
Same! Yeah, I definately believe Oswald /did/ shoot Kennedy, but on his own? Seems a bit far-fetched, in my opinion. The whole situation of JFK's death is VERY debatable, I could go on and on...

I do think we went to the moon. The real conspiracy to me was that the only reason the government funded NASA so much back then was to beat the Russians. After that was done, NASA has been practically left in the lurch for all these years.

Why did we have to wait so long to go back to the moon? Because the government doesn't care enough to fund.
That's true, I totally agree with that. Although I think it's great that they were able to make it to the moon, you wouldn't b e able to get away with that sort of thing these days: too unsafe, etc...