Any Dirty Rotten Scoundrels fans?

P

Princeton

I know several of you are, so I'm just making an "official" thread to discuss this great musical. I would love to see it, but am content with just the soundtrack for right now. My fav songs are "Give Them What They Want" and "All About Ruprecht". So, anybody have any comments? Fav songs, fav lines, fav anything?

Andy

Reaction score
Love, absolutely LOVE Dirty Rotten Scoundrels! I saw it in NYC in November, while John Lithgow was still with the cast. He was just great as Jamieson, but I can easily see why Norbert Leo Butz won the Tony. The "Ruprecht" scene had me almost falling out of my seat! And the music? Terrifically catchy! It's hard for me to single out just one song that outshines the others, they're all that good. But if any stand out for me, I would say "Great Big Stuff", "Chimp in A Suit", "Roughhousin' with Schuphausen", "The More We Dance", and "Like Zis, Like Zat" are among my personal faves. I was also lucky enough to get Mr. Lithgow's autograph afterwards. I must say he was gracious to everyone-a real class act.

P

Princeton

Andy said:
I was also lucky enough to get Mr. Lithgow's autograph afterwards. I must say he was gracious to everyone-a real class act.
Wow, I'm so jealous.:wink: But, seriously, though, JL isn't in the cast anymore? That stinks. I was planning on going to see it this June, and if I go, he won't be playing Lawrence anymore.:cry: Who's going to replace him? Is everyone else still in the cast?

Andy

Reaction score
Princeton said:
Wow, I'm so jealous.:wink: But, seriously, though, JL isn't in the cast anymore? That stinks. I was planning on going to see it this June, and if I go, he won't be playing Lawrence anymore.:cry: Who's going to replace him? Is everyone else still in the cast?
Jonathan Pryce has taken over the role of Jamieson, and from what I hear, he's doing very well with it. Norbert is with the show until July I think. He's signed a deal for a sitcom on CBS, which starts taping I guess right after. I think Sherie Renee Scott has also played her final performance, but I don't know who has taken over. Hope this helps. I say, go see it anyway, you'll have a great time!:big_grin: