Any Family Matters Fans?

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Yes. The original actress, whose character came from Perfect Strangers as you know, thought the show was not focused on the family and their problems anymore. Although the show was more focused on the character of Urkel in the last three seasons or so. I'm surprised she didn't leave then.
Ah, thanks.:wisdom:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I actually heard the producers of the show were thinking about reintroducing the character of Judy a few seasons after she got cut from the show but using a different actress.
Well, she was suppose to hosts an episode in season five, but the idea was removed. But she was supposed to be played by a new actress in season 10, because the cast was told to hurry and finish filming season 9 to get ready for the next sesame only for the network to have the sets dismantled afterward and the cast to coldly fide out... By the way, the second actress to play Harriet of the last couple of episodes actually had guess stared on a couple of episodes before. Also, you can see Jo Marie Payton on the final episode playing playing one of the people at NASA and you can hare her say "All right Steve!" towards the end as well.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I'm sure it won't be long until we see Family Matters on DVD. I liked it for a while, then Richie grew up and started dancing a lot. That got pretty annoying. I always liked the interaction between Eddie and Urkel, though. Carl was a good guy, too.
From my understanding there was talk about releasing a "best of" set, but the idea got sheveled for whatever reason.

I think my favorite Family Matter pair was probably Urkel and Waldo. I thought they had a neat way of working the smart but clumsy with the dimwitted but good hearted man together, interesting pair.

Plus I want to state that Michelle Thomas, better known to Family Matters fans as Myra Monkhouse, was a personal childhood crush of mine, I always thought she was so beautiful. It's such a shame she's no longer with us :cry:, RIP Michelle Thomas

Gonzo14

Reaction score
Yes, i love that show, especially Waldo

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well it was kind of true that the show did start focasing more on Steve, then the family. However Steve was a good person, and had a big heart. I think where the show messed up was when they tried to put to much science into the show. Now at times it made for a good show like when they did the Bruce Lee stuff. I think there best show was the guns at school ep. That show would even be good in today's time because kids are really scared about guns in school.
There was also an eps. where Steve first went to church, and got saved. I really liked that one as well.
Does anyone know why the show moved to CBS after all the good years they had on ABC?

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Does anyone know why the show moved to CBS after all the good years they had on ABC?
All I can tell you is that ABC canceled the show after eight years and that CBS bought and picked up the show from them, where it was canceled after airing on that network for one season dew to declining ratings.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
All I can tell you is that ABC canceled the show after eight years and that CBS bought and picked up the show from them, where it was canceled after airing on that network for one season dew to declining ratings.
So the same happend to step by step as well i would think? I think that over the 8 year run the show did loose what it started out to be. both shows where great in there prime, and I think that what made Step by Step go downhill was lossing Cody. I think the same can also be said of Full House because it really became all about Michel. The only show that really never changed from what it was when it started was Boy Meets World. I think they really did the writing well, and I Thought that when Cory got married it would be the end of the show, but there was still more for him and Shawn and Eric to learn. The ending of the show was also very well done.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Well with Full house, the ratings were still very high towards the end, but rising production costs forced abc to cancel the show. Actually it seems as if the focus on Michelle scaled back quite a bit, even though there was a lot of attention payed to development of her character as she got older. With the second set of twins on the they tried to duplicate the formula, but it didn't work out that way.

Drtooth

Reaction score
That can be answered with a classic Animaniacs quote:

"Tell that Urkel guy he's too old to wear his pants that high! It's embarassing."