Any favorite 80's shows and movies anyone?

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Ok, let's see, I was a little kid for most of the 80s so these will reflect that:

TV
Sesame Street
Fraggle Rock
The Muppet Show
Mister Rogers
Pinwheel
Today's Special
Dumbo's Circus
Welcome to Pooh Corner
Under the Umbrella Tree
Reading Rainbow
Square One TV
321 Contact
Zoobilee Zoo
The Cosby Show
Full House
Perfect Strangers
My Little Pony and Friends
The Flintstones (yes I know they are older than the 80's but I used to watch reruns)
Pee Wee's Playhouse
Garfield and Friends
Muppet Babies
Alvin and the Chipmunks
Smurfs
Punky Brewster
The New Mickey Mouse Club
Kids Incorporated

Movies
Muppets Take Manhatten
The Great Muppet Caper (I didn't actually see TMM until I was older)
Follow That Bird
Care Bears Movie
Care Bears Movie II: A New Generation
Rainbow Brite and the Star Steeler
An American Tale
Oliver and Company
The Little Mermaid
The Adventures of Milo and Otus

I'm sure there is more I just can't remember right now.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Ok, let's see, I was a little kid for most of the 80s so these will reflect that:

TV
Sesame Street
The Muppet Show
Mister Rogers
Dumbo's Circus
Welcome to Pooh Corner
Reading Rainbow
The Cosby Show
The Flintstones (yes I know they are older than the 80's but I used to watch reruns)
Pee Wee's Playhouse
Garfield and Friends
Muppet Babies
Oh yeah, I used to watch all these, too! My family had the Disney Channel when it first came out, so I watched Pooh Corner, Dumbo's Circus, and a lot of the old-school Disney movies and TV shows that you can only get on DVD these days...

I purposely left shows not made in the 80s off my list, 'cause there would be far too many to list!

Son of Enik

Reaction score
Let's see...80's TV shows:
He-Man
She-Ra
Mr. Belvedere
Miami Vice
Perfect Strangers
And of course, anything featuring The Muppets

80's Movies:
The Empire Strikes Back
Return Of The Jedi
Back To The Future
Revenge Of The Nerds
Police Academy
An Officer And A Gentleman
Night Shift (Michael Keaton's big break!)
Weird Science
Rocky III
E.T.
And anything featuring The Muppets

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Yet another Saturday morning favorite...

Hey Vern, It's Ernest!

Thanks to the success of his TV commercials for various products (including Sprite) and his hit movie, Ernest Goes to Camp, Jim Varney's loveable, lunkheaded handyman Ernest P. Worrell had his own live action series for a while in the late 1980s. There was even an Ernest doll, and if you pulled his string, he'd spout out some of his most famous catchphrases!

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
How could I forget to leave this one off my TV list?

Small Wonder

Remember this show? It was a syndicated series that ran between 1985 and 1989, and was about an engineer at a robotics company who creates Vicki, a robot that resembles a 10-year-old girl, as a companion for his lonely son. The "joke" was, even though Vicki spoke in robotic tones, the family tried to keep her real identity a secret from the outside world. I think Vicki even "slept" standing up in a closet in the son's room...kinda creepy, now that I think about it...:eek:

Anyway, the best part of the show was always Edie McClurg (the secretary from Ferris Bueller, Match Game, Password, Hollywood Squares) as a nosy neighbor.
I actually saw an episode of this the other day! Wow! I didn't know it lasted that long, or then anyone actually know about this show at that. Very weird show, indeed.

Yet another Saturday morning favorite...

Hey Vern, It's Ernest!

Thanks to the success of his TV commercials for various products (including Sprite) and his hit movie, Ernest Goes to Camp, Jim Varney's loveable, lunkheaded handyman Ernest P. Worrell had his own live action series for a while in the late 1980s. There was even an Ernest doll, and if you pulled his string, he'd spout out some of his most famous catchphrases!
Yeah, I remember this show! It used to come on after Garfield. "I came...I saw....And I blew up." LOL!:zany:

SSLFan

Reaction score
My Favorite Movies From the 80's

Coming to America

Weird Science

The Breakfeast Club

Honey, I Shrunk the Kids

Follow That Bird

Muppets Take Manhattan

Beverly Hills Cop

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
You mean this show is still being aired?
No. I saw an episode on Youtube.

Oh yeah, back in the 80s, this was a pretty big show indeed. TV Guide used to run half-page ads about upcoming episodes. The actors were interviewed for various magazines. I remember reading one interview where the guy who played the father on the show said he had just bought the home owned by silent movie comedian Buster Keaton. He claimed the house was "haunted," but would stay anyway, since it had such a legendary history.

20 years later, I wonder if he's still living in that house?
Wow! Didn't know it was popular. That's cool about buying Buster Keaton's house! Yeah, I wonder the same thing about weather he's living in that house or not.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
I actually saw an episode of this the other day! Wow! I didn't know it lasted that long, or then anyone actually know about this show at that. Very weird show, indeed.
You mean this show is still being aired?

Oh yeah, back in the 80s, this was a pretty big show indeed. TV Guide used to run half-page ads about upcoming episodes. The actors were interviewed for various magazines. I remember reading one interview where the guy who played the father on the show said he had just bought the home owned by silent movie comedian Buster Keaton. He claimed the house was "haunted," but would stay anyway, since it had such a legendary history.

20 years later, I wonder if he's still living in that house?

weredog

Reaction score
Pound Puppies
Labyrinth
Gremlins
The Dark Crystal ( though technically I didn't see it till sometime in the 90s )
The Charlie Brown and Snoopy Show
The Biskitts
Alf
ET
Harry and The Hendersons

SSLFan

Reaction score
Pound Puppies
Labyrinth
Gremlins
The Dark Crystal ( though technically I didn't see it till sometime in the 90s )
The Charlie Brown and Snoopy Show
The Biskitts
Alf
ET
Harry and The Hendersons
Wow! I forgot about Gremlins and E.T.:smile: