Any Female Puppeteers Here on the Forum?

Manda:-D

Reaction score
Maybe they were seperated at birth....
Anyhoo, I was just wondering.....Maybe puppeteering really IS a "guy thing"......

bernie

Reaction score
Girls Rule!

do not despair!

i don't do a lot of performing these days but i have a small business making and selling puppets at art fairs and bookstores-- hand puppets, finger puppets, puppet stages - - - and yes, i'm a girl!

i also know an awesome lady puppeteer from south dakota. she has a puppet theater called "dragons are too seldom" and she's done "artist-in-the-schools" grants and travels all over the US doing shows. she even did a 2 week puppeteer camp with the muppet puppeteers years ago.

-- Becka

biblebetty

Reaction score
Hi,
Yes I'm a puppeteer and I make puppets, I just finish creating a whale for are church's alterative night on Oct 31, It is going to be a show called Jonah. I've been a puppeteer off and on for twenty years. I play a little Girl named Bible Betty, she has a Dog named St Bernard. She's 6 yrs old. I have started to make my own puppets two yrs ago. it's been great.

froggiegirl18

Reaction score
Girl puppeteers rock!!

Hey I am a girl puppeteer from the Atlanta area..I have been doing puppetry for 6years...now 18 so you do the math..hehe and been a puppet director twice...right now helping out a small team at a local church in the Toccoa Falls College area....which to be honest they need a ton of help..so I got my work cut out for me..plus I love teaching others my joy/my heart...I do not make puppets yet but I will this summer..hey and being a girl puppeteer is great...I already beat out in competetion both national and state some fellows...but I still have a ton to learn as do we all about anything we enjoy doing.

-Sandee-

Manda:-D

Reaction score
Wow...This thread is, like, WAY old, but still, it's good to meet new girl puppeteers!

CBPuppets

Reaction score
Something tells me you would be perfect for my "Inside the Cube" Show if I ever manage to produce it "Froggiegirl18". :smile: :wink:

Greedo

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I'm new here, and boy is this a cool place! I am making puppets, and am pursuing puppeteering. Oh, and I'm a girl! ;P

CBPuppets

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I'm new here, and boy is this a cool place! I am making puppets, and am pursuing puppeteering. Oh, and I'm a girl! ;P
it's a pleasure to meet you:flirt: . I'm Kuriboh Man as you can see my cute little avatar up there.:batty:

bdsweetie

Reaction score
I have just recently begun in the world of puppetry, but I'm definitely female. Nice to see so many others on the forum.