Any information on this 80's Kermit puppet?

Gummianka

Reaction score
Dear muppet experts...

Does anybody know anything about this full body Kermit puppet, it was given to me as a gift in the late 80’s. The information on the tag has almost completely faded away and the only thing I can make out of it is that It’s made by R.Dakin. Out of curiosity i have occasionally done searches on ebay and on the rest of the web, but have never ever found anything on this particular puppet version of Kermit.

The body is made out of bright green plush, the eyes are hard plastic, the hands, flippers, collar and the mouth details are felt material. The legs also has stitchings across the knee area, for posing while sitting. The height of the puppet is about 20 inch. From the information given in the Muppet collectibles section, I’ve come to the conclusion that this must be the 1988 Dakin puppet, but does anybody have any additional information – was it ever sold in the USA? Does anybody else here on the board have it? and how rare would you believe it really is?

I took some pictures a while ago to show you, it’s not the nicest quality and a little out of focus, but would give you an idea of what the item I’m talking about looks like. Hope you are able to see the pics. Any thoughts?

Beth C

Reaction score
That has to be the neatest Kermit puppet I've ever seen! I have only the Eden one and it's not as soft as that one.

I'll keep my eyes open and let you know if I find out any information about that one. It's really cool!

~Beth C