Any Little Shop of Horrors fans?

P

Princeton

Jonathan said:
I have the Off-Broadway soundtrack too (along with the film version

I got the film version for Christmas; I think the Off-Broadway version is better.

Hickory

Reaction score
LSOH is the greatest show ever! I have the movie and say a community production, but the plant puppets were terrible...they looked like pickles.

raysgal

Reaction score
Forgive me for dragging this little topic back up, but I have to say that I kinda just discovered this movie. I kinda remember watching it when I channeled surfed a lot, but I got into this whole Rick Moranis kick. (Don't ask. It's kinda a weird story.)

Anyway, I absolutely adore this movie. Hearing Rick sing is wonderful and I wish he would do another movie where he does some more. I searched around for all sorts of information on this movie because I always look up trivia and stuff when I watch a new movie. (I love IMDB.) So I found out that it had a deleted ending where everyone dies and that got me to searching to see if anyone had it. Well, I ran into a few dead-ends until I stumbled upon a site dedicated to Alan Menken who did the music and stuff for the movie. I found the deleted, unpopular ending here: http://www.alanmenken.info/downloads/downloads1.html

It's in black and white plus it's a little unpleasant. :cry: Well, I found it that way. Watching one of your favorite actors die is not fun. I suggest those of you who have not had the chance to see it to watch and see what didn't make it to the DVD.

Rowbes

Reaction score
The Grail! At last!

THANK YOU for posting that link! I have been a hardcore fan of the play and both films for over a decade, and have always wanted to see the alternate ending. It's downloading as we speak.
I also thought Rick Moranis was great, but Anthony Rapp was extraordinary in the touring company! Great show.

lowercasegods

Reaction score
I do remember the Little Shop cartoon. It was from 1991, and was produced by the same animation house that made Muppet Babies. It was a VERY loose interpretation of the original films, though. For one, Seymour, Audrey and Orin were all kids, and the story was set in modern day. The plant was called Junior (in reference, I suppose, to the original 1960 Roger Corman film where the plant is called Audrey Junior), and instead of singing doo wop, he does several rap songs thoughout each episode (he also had googly eyes on top of his head). Obviously the horror elements were left out (hence the abbreviated title "Little Shop"), and making the cast children was a huge cliche that every major cartoon adopted after Muppet Babies originated it (A Pup Named Scooby Doo and Flintstone Kids were around at the same time as Little Shop). The most positive aspect of this cartoon was in its design. It looked like the show's animators adopted the classic look of the old 60's cartoons (think Rocky and Bullwinkle, or any old Hanna Barbera cartoon), which is kind of a tribute to the era that the original films were set in. But everything else about this show was pretty lousy, and strayed too far from the original concept.

And just as a point of interest, Jonathan, my girlfriend played Audrey in her highschool production of Little Shop of Horrors, and a doo wop girl in her college production of the show. I know she had a lot of fun, so I'm sure you're having a great experience working on it as well. From one Little Shop fan to another, break a leg and have a great performance!

Fuzzy and Blue

Reaction score
Little Shop of Horrors

I love Little Shop of Horrors! I haven't seen it on stage before, but I've rented the movie with Rick Moranis and it is absolutely hilarious. My friend was actually the voice of Audrey II in a school production, and I didn't see it, but he had done the "Feed Me, Seymour" for me and he actually did it very well. The music for that show is also really good. Hopefully whenever LSOH comes to my area or I go to NYC, I can see it.

~Dana~

Rowbes

Reaction score
I remember the cartoon too. It kind of sucked, but I still watched it

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
raysgal said:
Forgive me for dragging this little topic back up, but I have to say that I kinda just discovered this movie. I kinda remember watching it when I channeled surfed a lot, but I got into this whole Rick Moranis kick. (Don't ask. It's kinda a weird story.)
It's not a weird story when you're a Ghostbusters fan, too!

I saw the Broadway Play on tour here in Memphis, and that was AWESOME!

The original ending of the movie was more like the play, and I get weepy everytime I see that. Still, I end up cheering for the plant---go figure.

I remember seeing the cartoon once, for a little bit, and I turned it off. It was HORRIBLE!