Any Monty Python fans here?

mupcollector1

Reaction score
I worshiped "Holy Grail" as a child. When my brother and I saw it on Comedy Central as kids, I laughed harder than I ever had or ever will. The killer rabbit was and always will be my fav scene. Never got into other Python stuff, though.
I like Terry Gilliam as that creepy guy who wants the knights to cross the bridge of death by answering thy the questions three to the other side they see.
(1. What is your name
(2. What is your quest
(3. What is your favorite color (and subject to change depending on the knight or if the creepy guy doesn't know the answer)

I preferred Flying Circus more because there was more virety and you never know what's going to come up next. Plus all the weird cartoony stuff like the giant weights and this giant hammer and the knight who wacks people over the sholder with a chicken.

I remember some episode where the Pythons dress as nuns and just randomly throw stuff in the lake and they end up throwing themselves in there as well.

Anyone remember the mattress sketch? Where Graham can't hear the word mattress otherwise he puts a paper bag over his head and the rest of the Pythons have to stand all together in a small plywood box singing a hymn. One of my all time favorites.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Another thing that was so remarkable about Flying Circus, and Holy Grail, the quality is so good, yet these shows were made on the skimpiest of budgets. At the end of one of the shows from the last season, as the credits are rolling, Eric is commenting on Hazel Pethig's costumes, etc. until he comes to Ian McNaughton "Cheap director!"

Holy Grail almost didn't get finished because the budget was so small, but fans like rock bands such as Pink Floyd, Jethro Tull, and Led Zeppelin, who were all filthy rich in the mid-70's, chipped in so the movie could be finished.

Same thing with Life of Brian. Warner Brothers bailed out, then George Harrison (who had a bit part in the Rutles) bankrolled the whole film, set up his own film company (HandMade Films, which also financed Gilliam's 'Time Bandits') and all was happy in Pythonland again.

Nice to have friends with deep pockets.

WalterFan1234

Reaction score
Holy grail is my favorite. I can quote it so hard. I like life of Brian to an extent too