Any Muppet news from Toy Fair 2011?

TheMonsterAteMe

Reaction score
Anyone going? Anyone have any news? And remember, Pictures or it never happened!

beaker

Reaction score
*gag* I wish a billionare would buy up all that Elmo crap and burn it.

But that foldup playset is a cool retro throwback.

...but yeah, all the Toy Fair coverage is out...but wheres the Muppet news? :frown:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I guess we're waiting for Toughpigs or someone.

Come on... aren't ya jazzed about Sesame Street character Buddy packs that have Telly ANY Murray in the line up?

beaker

Reaction score
I guess we're waiting for Toughpigs or someone.

Come on... aren't ya jazzed about Sesame Street character Buddy packs that have Telly ANY Murray in the line up?
That'd be amazing if they released that, two best darn characters on the show IMHO. Where did you get information on those?

I'd love to also see 4" action figures akin to the 1985 Tara Toys figures. But man, yes indeedy anything Murray(or Ovejita, or Hoots, or Telly or Honkers, or Martians) would be greatly appreciated.

beaker

Reaction score
Found it!

Holy tamole that's super rad:

http://www.seibertron.com/events/gallery.php?event_id=166

Freaking Murray, Telly, Snuffy. Unlike some, I LOVE the look of these. I just dont understand why every other kids brand has articulation(Dora, Scooby, Spongebob, Smurfs, etc) yet there is never any articulation in Sesame toys. It's all one fused piece.

But still, can't tell you how excited I am to see Murray!

Now Muppets is Disney, so many Disney will unveil its own properties somewhere else and hence why we didnt see any Toy Fair Muppet stuff.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Now Muppets is Disney, so many Disney will unveil its own properties somewhere else and hence why we didnt see any Toy Fair Muppet stuff.
Yeah... Disney's big unveil at Toy Fair was Cars 2, so The Muppets will likely be unveiled at a ComicCon or D23.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Yeah... Disney's big unveil at Toy Fair was Cars 2, so The Muppets will likely be unveiled at a ComicCon or D23.
It's a timing thing. The marketplace is fickle. Muppet merchandise, no matter how excellent, needs a current project in order to support sales. It's a brand-awareness issue. Even some kids are reluctant to buy Smurfs these days because they don't know them that well. My guess is that it could easily be October before we see a wealth of new products hit the market. The unveiling of it is anyone's guess. I just wonder what's taking the second series Muppets' Vinylmation so long. That's supposed to be out about now.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Found it!

Holy tamole that's super rad:

http://www.seibertron.com/events/gallery.php?event_id=166

Freaking Murray, Telly, Snuffy. Unlike some, I LOVE the look of these. I just dont understand why every other kids brand has articulation(Dora, Scooby, Spongebob, Smurfs, etc) yet there is never any articulation in Sesame toys. It's all one fused piece.

But still, can't tell you how excited I am to see Murray!
Some of the Scooby ones are articulates, if you're talking buddy pack stuff... but only the Monsters. I don't mind a lack of articulation with these, though. The collectibility factor is through the roof. I hope these do well enough to sneak in a few older characters down the line. I'd love for someone to finally do a Forgetful Jones toy. At least Guy Smiley.

So they had nothing, not even plush? We heard reports last year that there wasn't anything except for Koosh (that were never made) and plush that the guy couldn't take pictures of. Quite possibly they'd at least show the plush at some point. But Cars is their mony maker... whole reason why they're bothering with a Cars 2 is because the die casts sold like crazy when they first came out.

beaker

Reaction score
Some of the Scooby ones are articulates, if you're talking buddy pack stuff... but only the Monsters. I don't mind a lack of articulation with these, though. The collectibility factor is through the roof. I hope these do well enough to sneak in a few older characters down the line. I'd love for someone to finally do a Forgetful Jones toy. At least Guy Smiley.

So they had nothing, not even plush? We heard reports last year that there wasn't anything except for Koosh (that were never made) and plush that the guy couldn't take pictures of. Quite possibly they'd at least show the plush at some point. But Cars is their mony maker... whole reason why they're bothering with a Cars 2 is because the die casts sold like crazy when they first came out.
Yeah Im not worried. Notice Toy Fair hardly had any Disney stuff. Perhaps they simply release their warez with no fanfare, or unveiled at a later time.

Thank goodness Hasbro will now be releasing Sesame stuff, at LEAST there's a chance of somewhat cool collector stuff(not counting Hot Topic or Spencers Sesame stuff)

Shoot, under Tyco we got a ton of gloriously amazing Sesame collector stuff...not so much from Fisher Price.