Any musical instrument players out there?

Beakerfan

Reaction score
I play piano and flute, and hope to learn to play the electric bass soon.

Fozzie Wozzie

Reaction score
POWER TO THE ALMIGHTY CELLO PLAYERS!

Just kidding! (Even though cello players are almighty :sing: ) I have played the cello for four years. Awesome instrument! It is expressive and versatile, like the violin, but with a richer and deeper tone.

homerthegreat

Reaction score
Posted this over at Palisades...

Anyhoo, I play alot...

I play drums in a band called "The Randoms," and I take drum lessons. I used to play in "Underated," in which I was the frontman, playing electric guitar and singing. I took guitar for about 10 months. I can play a few tunes on my keyboard, such as The Simpsons , Crazy Train, and some Yes stuff (but not the solos). I can play "Love Me Do," as well as a few others on the harmonica. I play my friend's bass all the time, and I can play alot of songs on that... I'm also in the process of getting together a Flogging Molly tribute band, in which we will play a few songs at the school. That means I have to figure out all the parts for Drunken Lullabies. Right now I'm almost done with the accordian parts, and I've finished the lead guitar parts, bass parts, drum parts, acoustic guitar parts, and I'm gonna need someone to figure out the violin parts, because I couldn't play vio to save my life! Anyway, in the tribute band I'm the frontman again! Yay!

FraggleRocks

Reaction score
I play the flute (an open holed Gemeinhardt) and have for about 8 years. I was the section leader in my High School marching band, The Sound of Suwannee. I was also the music librarian, but that's kind of irrelevant. I play a little piano, not much though. I can play the vocal strain and the chords and that's about it.

Manda:-D

Reaction score
I can play four chords on the guitar!!! Bet you're jealous. Four whole chords.
I've just started learning...And my guitar is crappy. And only in tune for 0.5 seconds.
Yeah, I KNOW you're jealous. :wink:

scarylarrywolf

Reaction score
I'm a guitarist. I've got an acoustic named Lyle that was my Grandfather's, and my own electric Peavy Reactor (rip-off of the Fender Tele for half the price) named Charlotte. Yes folks, I name my instruments. I took lessons for about 2 years when I was 12 and 13; roots in blues riffs, but I'm learning to branch out into '70's rock and some Nirvana. I also LOVE the music of Keith Green -- it's great singing and strumming that out.

This year in college I'm rooming with an excellent guitarist who'se a Music major. We're going to have quite the jamming sessions!

I've always wanted to learn Trumpet so I could play along with Louis Armstrong CDs.

anythingmuppet

Reaction score
I play acoustic guitar, keyboard, and violin..

PS: Sorry to bump but I didnt want to start ano'her thread..:embarrassed:

Tonichelle

Reaction score
I own and play a Bflat Trumpet... but I played a Treble Clef Baritone (actually Euphonium, but let's not get picky, eh) in high school and if there was any way I could get my hands on the instrument now I'd be all over it... I love the upper brass... but I have to say that I love playing the lower voice more... it's easier for my mouth structure and I just love the sound :smile: :wink: :flirt:

BEAR

Reaction score
Just got my new banjo today as a birthday/Christmas present. I am so excited. The only disappointing thing is that since its a Christmas present I can't actually have it til Christmas. It is being put away til then. I just got to go with my mom today to find it. :smile: