Any News on Anniversary Specials or Appearances?

Nick22

Reaction score
a little B.E. would be awesome! cause i didnt get to expierence much of it at all, and i loved the classic SS clips that are on the website

Drtooth

Reaction score
At this point, I also wanna know if they plan on having any commemorative merchandising. Other than, of course, the 2 behind the scenes/retrospective books and that DVD set.

SSLFan

Reaction score
I was hoping for a big anniversary special myself. I find it quite odd they've done specials for the 20th, 25th, 30th, and 35th, but not the one that really that sets a milestone, the 40th anniversary one. Well it is June, maybe one for the fall is in the works?:concern::stick_out_tongue::search:

zns

Reaction score
I was hoping for a big anniversary special myself. I find it quite odd they've done specials for the 20th, 25th, 30th, and 35th, but not the one that really that sets a milestone, the 40th anniversary one. Well it is June, maybe one for the fall is in the works?:concern::stick_out_tongue::search:
Say, didn't Facebook have some poll where fans could vote for clips in an upcoming special for their 40th?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'd tend to think they'd release everything to coincide with the premiere of Season 40, which falls on November, they real 40th birthday (despite being in development for at least a year prior, which technically would make it 41). And these things have a history of celebrating every 5 years of being in existence.

If there is anything stumbling around a special, it could very well be budgetary constrictions. SS has a razor thin budget this year (like so many others... not getting into why). I don't think that really could stop them, so much as hamper them.

Again, I wanna see merchandise as well, but that's probably coming out in November.

zns

Reaction score
I'd tend to think they'd release everything to coincide with the premiere of Season 40, which falls on November, they real 40th birthday (despite being in development for at least a year prior, which technically would make it 41). And these things have a history of celebrating every 5 years of being in existence.

If there is anything stumbling around a special, it could very well be budgetary constrictions. SS has a razor thin budget this year (like so many others... not getting into why). I don't think that really could stop them, so much as hamper them.

Again, I wanna see merchandise as well, but that's probably coming out in November.
You make a pretty strong point. With the state that the economy is in right now, and being that SW is nonprofit, it's a slow process for them to get things back into shape. I have no doubt that everything is going to work out just fine for our country though. Even if they don't do a tv special, at least we know what to expect in the next coming months with the two books and DVD set coming out. A little optomism can go a long way. :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Oh, there will likely be a special or DTV project... it just hasn't been announced on what they're doing right now. The economy isn't so bad that they can't make a simple prime time special. I just don't wanna see a repeat of "The Street we Live On," and making the "special" an episode of the actual TV show. It would be great if they had a network ABC/CBS/NBC type deal like they used to. As long as it doesn't become the mess that Elmo's Christmas Countdown was.