1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Any news on Sesame Street Old School Vol. 3?

Discussion in 'Sesame Merchandise' started by BobThePizzaBoy, Aug 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. BobThePizzaBoy

BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

Does anybody know if there is any info on the Sesame Street: Old School, Vol. 3 set yet?
  2. bazooka_beak

bazooka_beak Active Member

I've actually been wondering that myself - I need MY version of Sesame Street, darnit :/
  3. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Perhaps all the celeb cameos in the 80's & 90's are causing a slow progression of those years being put on DVD?
  4. AAO

AAO Member

well they seem to do be doing these in "4's".. so the next two sets may possibly just be 80's... that could be the problem for the time getting all the best things together. Cuz let's face it, Sesame in the 80's was amazing! Monster Piece theater etc.. it's all there!
  5. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Indeed. But that's 'cause many of us are 80's/90's children who've since matured into 80's/90's adults. XD
  6. AAO

AAO Member

i understand... watched the exact stuff growing up and enjoyed all of Sesame's perfect years that brought muchmore than they do now... :(
  7. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Me, I still find a fond place in my heart for the Street. Sure, things have changed & some characters--Linda, Barkley, Bruno, Biff, etc.--have left, but the loveable quality of the show (even with Elmo) is still present...even today.
  8. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Well they didn't exactly leave but they are no longer in use anymore, really.
  9. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

I'd just like to think they moved, due to a job relocation. That seems more plausible than saying "they'e 'retired'" (i.e. that they're characters are essentially dead, as they're no longer being used).
  10. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Bruno ain't coming back... his puppet was utterly destroyed with wear, and building another would cost a fortune.

But at any rate, anyone got any insider info on if SS OS3's being planned. Last time I remember ssetta saying that they wuz planning to just do an all skit compilation. A ture shame, since a lot of things happened in the 80's.
  11. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Perhaps the third volume would be its own multiple set, with one being focused on skits and the other on Street scenes?
  12. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

*sigh* When all my favorite characters left the heart went out of SS to me...I still watch it, but it is just not the same with Barkley only showing up as a sample of a dog on Elmo's World, Linda and Bruno gone,and the classic adults only getting bit parts...

As for Bruno, it's a shame money has to keep him from being remade :(. It make me wonder, if Big Bird had to be remade again would they do it?:wisdom:I miss his days of stardom ...

I don't think that will happen..They seem to not understand how important the 80's SS was to all of us..The DVDs seem to be made as samplers, not full storylines...Maybe to try to make people forget how good the storylines use to be?
  13. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

I'd hate to have to think that...:(
  14. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

That ever floats your boat...

Anyway, It's true that ti would cost a fortune to rebuild Bruno, but it just seems that they are just not using him anyway. Caroll's book explains what happened to him.
  15. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

But that's 'cause Oscar's rarely moved around much since Follow That Bird.
  16. Da Dogster

Da Dogster Member

Growing up from the first show to (yes) Today's show. A Lot has changed. we lost Pro. Hastings, cause he was tooo dull. We even lost Rosevelt Franklin, He was way To ruley, (parents had thought.) Sam (the original) Robot got scraped, the around the corner set was scraped as well. Not to Mention, Where's Snuffy? and his sister Alice?

But it's not the Muppets that we lost, The Human Factor (not Mr. Hooper) was lost as well. (true some had died but there was other great humans that was there that would have been great to see them last longer as well.
    But as the old song gose The times was changeing way too fast.

The Best Thing that they had done was to come out with the discs to remind us how it used to be, my amallest niece could not belive the first season, And I am sure that there are some who has children as young as her asking, Where's Cookie, Where's Elmo, And Where's Telly.

So If any one of the company reads this..
    PLEEEEEEAAAASSSSEEEE bring us more of these great sets!
    Thank you. :wisdom:
  17. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Indeed. We need the classics as much as we need the modern stuff.
  18. Drtooth

Considering it's almost a year since Vol2 was released... well, is it a bad sign we haven't heard anything yet? I'd say either we're not going to get a traditional "Old School" set, but something else. Just not yet.
  19. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

For the 80's--as there were so many quality skits--we'll probably just get a "Best Of".
  20. Drtooth

I'd say I'd rather see something EXACTLY like the last 2 releases, but with key episodes of the show instead of first episodes of the season.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.