1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Any news on the Electric Mayhem minis?

Discussion in 'Action Figures' started by beaker, Aug 9, 2005.

1. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Any news on the Electric Mayhem mini figures? For those that saw the pix, they looekd way better than the regular 6-5" line version. It would be an absolute shame to see these never released. Heck I'd pay $50 for a set, they are that darn cool.

Btw, does anyone know where the pix to these things are online? A cache, archive, and google search yields nothing.

2. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

3. Ernie101

Ernie101 Active Member

I seriously really want to get the minis. However, i haven't heard any useful information. but I'm not that into the action figure community yet ..so ..I don't get all the usefull info the rest of you do.

4. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

I wanted them, but the last couple of series of Minis didn't warrant their production. :(

5. mikealan

mikealan New Member

Those EM minis on the checklist were CANCELLED because people who work at Palisades Toys don't seem to like the Muppets anymore because they are owned by Disney and NO LONGER owned by the Henson Company. Palisades starts focusing more on SS and the Muppets are no longer Jim Henson's Muppets! It's now the Muppets and they have their own company called Muppets Holding Company! I think it's never gonna be the same as a couple of years ago! :( :boo:

6. sugarbritchez

sugarbritchez Active Member

Bummer........

7. Harvey Towers

Harvey Towers Active Member

Now they are nice looking, even as someone who has no minis I would have got those. Pity...

8. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Well I mean sure they'd end up in the 75% off bin at Suncoast in a few months, but they looked ot be th ebest minis ever:)

At any rate, hopefully they will sell the painted prototypes on ebay...I'm willing to pay some good scrilla if in fact they will never be released publicly.

9. rexcrk

rexcrk Well-Known Member

I would've definitely bought those! I don't have any of the other minis besides the Muppet Christmas Carol ones but I would've definitely bought the Electric Mayhem ones (or at least Zoot and Floyd to put in my collection in place of the absent action figures)

10. Fozzie Bear

Actually, this whole paragraph is incorrect.

It's a consumer driven industry. Sales were NOT being made because people were NOT buying the products. As with everything else, a company will cease to produce a product that isn't selling. You can fault the owners of the franchise (JHC, or MHC/Dis) if you want to fault someone because during the entire run of the action figures, we only had ONE Muppets production: VMX. There were no other productions by The Muppets to keep them in the public eye to say, "Hey, these are Muppets figures. I need these."

Palisades is not to fault for this, because they were still tooling and retooling action figures that WON'T get made because people weren't buying the product. A company will not be spending money to make something folks are not buying.

Even people who were Muppet Fans were saying, "I'll get so-n-so, but I'm not buying so-n-so." Personally, I own at least one of everything that was sold. I've bought each of the Mini Muppets, the Mega Muppets, all the playsets...the only thing I'm lacking now is the Rainbow Connection Kermit, and I'm ordering that this weekend!

But, in order to keep a license like The Muppets, there has to be support and people buying the product, not waiting for it to hit the sales bin.

I only needed 4 more characters: Bobo Bear, Bean Bunny, Sal Manilla, and ARTICULATED Robin. Won't get 'em because folks weren't buying the line anymore.

In the meantime, I welcome the SS license in the Action Figure line, and look very forward to buying EVERYTHING...yet again.

11. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

I never knew there were minis. That whole wave that was cancelled? Of the musicians? If they were made I would have bought every single one. And I don't even collect the figures. :boo:

12. Fozzie Bear

Yeah. Go to Palisadestoys.com, click on the Muppets link, and you can see ALL of the products made for the Muppets line.

13. sugarbritchez

Or we could all take a field trip to Kev's house and check out the whole line....LOL

14. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

Thanks, that's a cool link. Maybe a field trip would be fun, eh? Haha.

It's dissapointing, though. Cause I'd never be able to find a Floyd, Janice, Zoot, Rowlf, etc. in stores now. And it would cost way too much money to order them, with the exchange rate AND s&h.

15. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Either that... Or you could take a trip down my ways since I got 106 of the 129 items produced as part of this great line of figures.

Also... You might not be aware of this, but I'm working on a complete Muppets action figure guide. It'll be basically a giant collage of photos of items in my own collection and pics supplied by friends on the forums presenting every single item in the entire line. It'll also serve as a checklist, cause among the additions to the photos there'll be marble arched frames around each and a little checkbox with the character/figure's names underneath.
    My cousin's working on adding those details while I take some last-remaining photos. Once it's ready it'll get pasted in perfect order and shown on the usual places.
    You can contact me if you want to know more, but this should suffice for now. Have a good day everyone.

16. Fozzie Bear

Is there an online gallery of ALL the customs people have made, too? Or, just in the Collector's Club online?

17. Fozzie Bear

I was thinking you two came over that time, but then it just dawned on me as I hit "quote" that I met you guys down on Beale Street. I was surprised that there wasn't a thread like "Met Kev/Foz, and he's WEIRD!" Ha Ha.

Yeah, if anybody's in Memphis ever and has time to stop by, you're welcome to come visit. Just don't, you know, kill me or anything. That might stink. :concern:

18. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

As for the customs people have made...

There's the archive of submissions to Quinn's column at the Palisades Club subsite.
    There's an archive of some of Quinn's own stuff at www.toymania.com I think, someone posted the link a while back.
    MrTheFrog has his own site with his custom sculptures, and I believe WiGgY started a site to host other people's customs.
    But I'm not sure if that'd cover the totallity of all the custom Muppet figures people have made and shown there at the Palisades boards. Hope this helps.

19. Fozzie Bear

Cool, thanks.

20. sugarbritchez

You are not weird........you are totally cool. Robert and I still talk about you and Muley. Especailly when we are in a parking garage......funny how you will be forever associated with a parking garage....LOL We had a BLAST!