Any news on the New Muppet Show?

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
I think it's pretty safe to say we won't have a new muppet show for some time...

Teheheman

Reaction score
Which sucks, but what about America's Next Top Muppet? Did that get cancelled before it got started?

Daniel

muppetsforlife

Reaction score
Teheheman said:
Which sucks, but what about America's Next Top Muppet? Did that get cancelled before it got started?

Daniel

Seems like nobody really knows for sure. Its not been confirmed that it was cancelled nor has it been confirmed it is still going to come out. Based on the fact that nothing has really been mentioned of it anywhere since it was first announced, I would venture to say that it don't look good.

greg

Reaction score
I liked the format of Muppets Tonight. I would love to see them retool it & bring back as many of the older characters as they can cram in. Just seeing Kermit, Piggy, Gonzo, & Fozzie isn't nearly as fun as bringing back Dr. Teeth, Link Hogthrob, Lew Zealand, Lewis Kazagger, Mildred Huxteader, Hilda, Annie Sue, Crazy Harry, or any of the other crazy off the wall characters that make the Muppets so funny. The variety show format is the best way to showcase all of these kinds of characters.

Marky

Reaction score
greg said:
I liked the format of Muppets Tonight. I would love to see them retool it & bring back as many of the older characters as they can cram in. Just seeing Kermit, Piggy, Gonzo, & Fozzie isn't nearly as fun as bringing back Dr. Teeth, Link Hogthrob, Lew Zealand, Lewis Kazagger, Mildred Huxteader, Hilda, Annie Sue, Crazy Harry, or any of the other crazy off the wall characters that make the Muppets so funny. The variety show format is the best way to showcase all of these kinds of characters.
Muppets Tonight lost me at "I'm your homey made of foamey".

...Ugh! Your who?

Teheheman

Reaction score
lol, I think that the whole Variety Show format is basically dead in the fact that there's nobody really doing it now. It's all basically sitcoms, or dramas. I think that they should do another Muppet Show with a lot of the original supporting cast, a couple of new characters, and without Pepe(sorry to all Pepe fans, I just don't think that the Muppets are any good with him in the line-up)

Daniel

Marky

Reaction score
Teheheman said:
lol, I think that the whole Variety Show format is basically dead in the fact that there's nobody really doing it now. It's all basically sitcoms, or dramas. I think that they should do another Muppet Show with a lot of the original supporting cast, a couple of new characters, and without Pepe(sorry to all Pepe fans, I just don't think that the Muppets are any good with him in the line-up)

Daniel

I find myself agreeing with you quite a bit. I mean, Pepe was funnt at first, in a quirky way, but he's kind of a one-joke thing, y'know?

There wouldn't be anything wrong with more straight-to TV or DVD movies from them. Thing is, we ain't gettin' any.

****** DISNEY - SELL THEM TO SOMEONE WHO WILL DO SOMETHING WITH THEM!!!!!