1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Any news on the New Muppet Show?

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by DisneyWy, Apr 29, 2005.

1. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

They've had some interesting exposure recently, with interviews and stuff, but a new show...mini-series...movie...tv-movie...dvd release...something would be loverly. (Loverly in this case not being a miss-spelling, just an over ennunciated, slightly sarcastic British pronounciation. "Oh, wouldn't it be loverly...")
  2. Terry6690

Terry6690 New Member

yeah, anything would be great. :)
  3. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

How about a Muppet Cooking show or Mupet antique road show. Give us something
  4. jrw221b

jrw221b New Member

OOOh, I hope so! xxx
  5. kermyisgreen

kermyisgreen New Member

I...

I want Muppets...I want Muppets....:cool:
  6. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Well it not tv but try the new muppets .com they have nice little videos that are really funny and cool.
  7. TheJimHensonHour

TheJimHensonHour New Member

I ouldn't call them really funny..funny he he maybe but nice none the less. :p
  8. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

Whats up with Muppets.com
  9. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

its new muppet videos which are real good
  10. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I love the unbridaled optimism that keeps this thread up. The Muppets will have another TV show at some point, I agree. But ever since the 2001 pitch pilot tape, they've had nothing but false starts and walked on pseudopods, taking false steps. The Mockumentary had potential, and that's pretty disappointing they didn't finish it.

I want to see the Muppets back on TV, but I think we're going to have a long wait, since someone in charge wants a decent marriage of making the fan happy and making new audiences. And that's going to take some time. They either have to go with the original format, or something that relies a little on it. That seems to be their strength.
  11. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

I cant get to the new Muppets.com. Am I doing something wrong
  12. Drtooth

I suggest clicking on one of the links in the first post of this thread If it doesn't work, something is wrong.
  13. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

I love the idea of the muppets on basic cable again, it would work to bring back so many fans even more than a new movie IMHO :D
  14. Teheheman

Teheheman Well-Known Member

See, I think a movie is perfect and I'll tell ya why. Not everybody HAS cable, and this would kinda help a new generation not familiar with the Muppets to see them on the big screen where everybody could watch and not just the lucky ones with cable. Also, if this is successful, you could do a whole series with these characters. Not only the original cast of Muppets, but the new characters that they would probably bring in from the movie. A movie is a good chance to introduce new characters, so maybe this IS a good idea.

Daniel
  15. Drtooth

No question. A Cable show would suck for people that are cable deprived. It took me 20 years to see Fraggle Rock because of that. Something either on basic TV, internet, or DTV would work better. That's why i'm hoping this film pans out
  16. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

I wouldn't mind a cable show, so long as it hit dvd within a few monthes of leaving tv...
  17. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

I thought DTV was harder to get than cable? As far as basic tv goes that was scrambled in my area over ten years ago never to return:cry:
  18. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

Cable would be fine
  19. pattywack

pattywack New Member

I really hope that this new movie will lead to a new tv show! It would fit seeing as the movie's going to be about Kermit getting them all together for the show.
  20. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

That would be great. I think it really depends on how well this movie does.