ANY other antron sources?

spcglider

Reaction score
Wow...

I never thought it would be so impossible to get antron fleece!

I tried several searches online and just about everybody is OUT of antron fleece.

And you know how it is... when you need it you NEED it.

I'm tempted to buy a whole bolt just to have the stuff on hand! But the gal at Georgia Stage said that they're still waiting for the mill to actually weave the fabric!

I've got several projects on complete hold until I can get my order. And it sucks. :cry:

-Gordon

Melonpool

Reaction score
I know what you mean -- I've been holding onto my last 5 yards of it for this movie I'm about to start and I have no idea if I'll be able to get enough to finish the project. I figure what I have will maybe make 3 puppets -- and i need enough to make about 8.

Obviously. there's a demand for Antron Fleece. Why is it that nobody's producing it?

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
The issue I think is that while there is a demand, it's a niche. I'm sure that the market for Antron fleece is not as big as the market for, say, silks and linens. It can take several months for a textile mill to custom weave fabric so that they have been out for so long is not surprising. Instead of viewing this as a problem, maybe it's an opportunity for puppet builders to "think outside the box" and try new things. :smile:

Jivepuppet

Reaction score
I gotta go with Buck... I'm in love with antron... But I've been able to make store fleece work just as well, and playing with new materials is awesome. Right now I'm building foam puppets covered in cordoroy (did I spell that right? Haha) and it's been a fun challenge, and the puppets look great and unique!

Melonpool

Reaction score
Like Buffalo Bill, I club old puppets in the night and remove their fleece for use in my newer puppets. (J/K)

charlie bird

Reaction score
I like to try new things too, plus the quality of atron fleece realy isn't that good in my apinion.I like to make most of my puppets with fur because it hides the seams.I'm trying to use a felt that I found at joans fabric. It's not the same as most of the felt that I usualy see It is smooth on the back but in the front fibers are sticking out and it almost looks like short fur I will try and see if it covers the seems. I am using it to make the snout and belly of a ground hog puppet.And I'm taking pictures that I will link to when I put them up.
Thank you

Onath

Reaction score
My avatar to the left is made using terry cloth. It is a nice alternative fabric to make puppets out of.

staceyrebecca

Reaction score
Is it sad that I have 3 yards of antron in my fabric box that I've never cut into?

I adore the figurenschneider puppets. Multiple textures, shading, complex shapes. mmm delicious.

Jivepuppet

Reaction score
To answer the original question...
Yes... GA Stage is who I use, but this site says they'll have it soon...
https://www.puppet-mart.com/
I've never ordered from this site, but I suppose I would if I hear good things! Hahaha

Animal31

Reaction score
To answer the original question...
Yes... GA Stage is who I use, but this site says they'll have it soon...
https://www.puppet-mart.com/
I've never ordered from this site, but I suppose I would if I hear good things! Hahaha
I've been speaking with Brandi over there, she notified me late last week that a small stock had come in. I know my order has been processed, so now I'm just waiting for it to get here..