Any Simon and Garfunkel fans out there?

beaker

Reaction score
Paul Simon rules! Just saw the Paul Simon episode of TMS last night, great stuff!

Also, LOVED the Wild Thornberries movie(cant wait for Rugrats meets the Wildthornberries soon) as well as his songs on it.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I have never seen the Paul Simon episode of TMS! :mad: I've been wanting to see that for such a long time! Is it available on video anywhere?

EmmyMik

Reaction score
Originally posted by Don'tLiveonMoon
I have never seen the Paul Simon episode of TMS! :mad: I've been wanting to see that for such a long time! Is it available on video anywhere?
It's available on video and DVD:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00006AULE/ref=pd_ser_asin_1/102-2367344-0783363
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...3/102-2367344-0783363?v=glance&s=dvd&n=507846

It comes with the Star Wars episode and Raquel Welch. All of 'em are great episodes.

In the Paul Simon episode, there is a mix of his solo stuff ("Loves Me Like a Rock") and some Simon & Garfunkel stuff ("Scarborough Fair"). Plus all of the songs in that episode are Paul Simon songs (or in Gonzo's case, sort of a Paul Simon song).

I do hope "Father and Daughter" wins the Oscar, but it's the only song that I've heard from that category (lol, I don't listen to much current music, nor do I go to the movies much).

Now off to listen to some music (now the only question is, will I listen to "You Can Call Me Al" or "The Only Living Boy in New York"? At the moment, those are my 2 favorite songs, but this always changes)...

:smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by radionate
Sorry, but it needs to go to Kander and Ebb.
No idea who they are......

However, there is one award I wish would go to U2.... Bono's been nominated (so I hear) for a NOBEL PEACE PRIZE!!! for his work in Africa's little segments where the greedy rulers exploit the poor and helpless. You can see why I hope U2 gets the nudge.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Awesome! :-D Thanks, Emmy!

Now off to listen to some music (now the only question is, will I listen to "You Can Call Me Al" or "The Only Living Boy in New York"? At the moment, those are my 2 favorite songs, but this always changes)...

:smile:
I love "Only Living Boy in New York!" I just discovered it three years ago, and it quickly became one of my favorite Simon and Garfunkel songs. It's so appropriate, too, at a time of possible reunion... :smile:

Erin

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Originally posted by Drtooth
No idea who they are......

However, there is one award I wish would go to U2.... Bono's been nominated (so I hear) for a NOBEL PEACE PRIZE!!! for his work in Africa's little segments where the greedy rulers exploit the poor and helpless. You can see why I hope U2 gets the nudge.
Seriously?? That's great! I don't know too much about U2, but I've been seeing an awful lot of Bono lately and he's really impressed me. He seems like a really committed and compassionate person. :smile:

EmmyMik

Reaction score
Originally posted by Don'tLiveonMoon
I love "Only Living Boy in New York!" I just discovered it three years ago, and it quickly became one of my favorite Simon and Garfunkel songs. It's so appropriate, too, at a time of possible reunion... :smile:
Yeah, "Only Living Boy in New York" is one of my favorite songs. Its' great. Plus I like to think of it as a hint that S&G were breaking up ("Tom get your plane right on time... [snip] Fly down to Mexico". While Paul wrote the songs for "Bridge Over Troubled Water" Artie [when he and Paul were young they called themselves "Tom & Jerry", Artie was Tom] was in Mexico filming "Catch-22").

S&G may perform at the Grammys and may tour. Paul is working on a new album (out who knows when). My geeky little self is getting all excited about the possibilities!

:wink:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by radionate
They wrote all the songs and lyrics for Caberet and Chicago.
I had a feeling... I am not really a musical buff... I'm a fan of the Snoopy Musicals, Rocky Horror Picture Show, Little Shop of Horrors, and the Producers...

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Originally posted by EmmyMik
Yeah, "Only Living Boy in New York" is one of my favorite songs. Its' great. Plus I like to think of it as a hint that S&G were breaking up ("Tom get your plane right on time... [snip] Fly down to Mexico". While Paul wrote the songs for "Bridge Over Troubled Water" Artie [when he and Paul were young they called themselves "Tom & Jerry", Artie was Tom] was in Mexico filming "Catch-22").
I know, it's such a sad song in a way. It really does hint at their breakup. I think a lot of their later songs can be read that way -- I wrote a review of "Old Friends" focusing on the third CD like that http://www.epinions.com/musc-review-30D8-CBA8D1C-3925650D-prod3 -- but "Only Living Boy" especially, and "So Long, Frank Lloyd Wright." They are extremely poignant.