Any "Smallville" viewers on Muppet Central?

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
I haven't caught too much of it mainly because I'm not real thrilled the way DC seems to recklessly handle their prime assets. I'm not saying the show is bad, because what little I have seen looked good, I'm just saying the liberties they take with altering Clark's past vs. how it is in the comic bother me a bit.
I find myself sometimes thinking the exact same thing. But then I remember that this storyline is taking place in just one of the many DC Universes, so it's ok!

It's a pretty cool show man, the wife and I are really into it. It's especially nice when some of the old comic book heroes and baddies make special appearances. In additon to General Zod and Brainiac, we've also seen Mytzplx (sp?), and a couple good guys: The Flash and Aquaman; albeit in their teenage forms. All those episodes were very well written, but most of them are.

I don't like to think who they're gonna kill off tomorrow night, but I'm thinking it's either Jonathan or maaaaaaybe Lana. I guess we'll see.

Oh yeah, I can't WAIT for Superman Returns!!! :excited:

Vic Romano

Reaction score
muppetwriter said:
The funny thing about it all is the fact that both Jonathan and Martha live to see Clark grown into Superman in the comics. Richard Donner's Superman is what inspired people like the Smallville writers and Bryan Singer to change the mythos around (I won't say what Singer's doing in Superman Returns for spoiler reasons).
This isn't entirely true. Originally, both of Clark's parents die in the original comic. It's through a major dimensional change in Crisis on Infinate Earth that rewrote many of the DC U's origins. They did this sort of thing again (not with Supes mind you) after Zero Hour and it looks like they're gonna' do something similar again in this new Infinate Crisis.

KermieBaby47 said:
I find myself sometimes thinking the exact same thing. But then I remember that this storyline is taking place in just one of the many DC Universes, so it's ok!
I never thought of it like that. DC's "Else Worlds" titles are some of my favorites, so I guess I should ease up on the fan-boy inside and suspend belief and mythos, huh. :wink:

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Well, for anyone who's seen tonight's episode, Jonathan Kent passed away.:cry:

But that only means Smallville's going to be better than ever from here on out!!!:big_grin:

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Yes, but the real story is Clana (Clark+Lana) is finally over. Or so we hope.

Next up for Smallville? Lexana (Lex+Lana) and you just know that going to go bad fast.

I love Smallville. It's one of the last two shows I still watch (the other is Law & Order: SVU).

G-MAN

Reaction score
Yeah, I kind of figured he was going to die, after I read what John Scneider (Jonathan) said on his website about leaving the show, but I was shocked about the other "death", at first. Speaking of Infinate Crisis, what do some of you reading it think about Alex's plans.

DannyRWW

Reaction score
I liked yesterdays episode of smallville...very emotional.....though I'm not to keen on the whole time reversal thing (so many ways clark could have handled that...but chloe's comment was funny)..... I guess seeing how the show is inspired a lot by the movie mythos Jonothan dieing made since....as far as infinite crisis.... very interesting...though I'm not sure what Alex's final plan is (t create a reality where he never had an afro)....Superboy Prime's violent freakout threw me for a loop.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
In the future, can we please make sure we post when there's a spoiler alert?

I always look through the 'new posts', and as this thread was about speculation and fandom, I wasn't expecting to have last nights episode outcome revealed.

I have yet to watch it on my dvr, and I guess I'll still watch it even though I now know what's gonna happen, but I hate knowing y'know?

Thank You
:smile:
Anthony

muppetwriter

Reaction score
KermieBaby47 said:
In the future, can we please make sure we post when there's a spoiler alert?

I always look through the 'new posts', and as this thread was about speculation and fandom, I wasn't expecting to have last nights episode outcome revealed.

I have yet to watch it on my dvr, and I guess I'll still watch it even though I now know what's gonna happen, but I hate knowing y'know?

Thank You
:smile:
Anthony

Oops.:embarrassed: Sorry about that.

hope

Reaction score
I am a fan and suspected it would be jonathan, but was disappointed when they had the perfect opportunity to kill lana off. i never thought it would be lionel because he was told it would be someone he loves.

Beebers

Reaction score
I love Smallville, but I think it's easier to love it if you're willing to go to a high level of suspension-of-disbelief, and if one is not a dedicated aficionado of the original comics. People who really know and love the original comic books have some troubles with the Smallville treatments of events sometimes (often).

Most people seem to be really happy that Clark's father was bumped off (the Television Without Pity forums are heavy evidence of that) - and in Clark's adult years both his parents have indeed passed in the comics timeline, but - Jon Schneider was MY eye-candy (he's my age) and a much needed breath of normality in Smallville, so I'm sorry to see him gone.

Besides, who the devil will run that beautiful farm now? Somehow I don't see Martha and Clark doing it. Clark's got Superpowers but doesn't seem up to running a farm. I doubt he could replace a spark plug on a tractor, despite the 7 million scenes where he's stood there and watched his father do exactly that. The writers need to start giving Clark some serious common sense. I can't quite picture Miss Lana on a tractor either.

The Lana/Lex thing has all kinds of sinister possibilities, I hope the writers will really run with that. And bring Jonathan Kent back from the dead. Surely Clark should have squeezed in CPR lessons somewhere in between dealing with Krypton and pining after Lana, given that he knew Dad had a heart ailment and all. They need to do a better job of mixing the practical human aspect of life with his Krypton aspect of life, they're missing some good writing opportunities there. The old t.v. show with the late George Reeves was kinda schlocky but actually did a much better job of showing Clark functioning at and on the human level.

:grouchy: