Any Stephen King Fans?

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I only recently started reading King's books.

I have read

Carrie
Misery
Pet Semetary
The Dead Zone

I tried to read Deloris Clairborn (spelling?), but I couldnt really follow what was going on in it and just gave up trying to read it.

I am right now in the process of reading IT. I am halfway through it, but its taken me a month just to read that much. And I need to get it back to the library cause I dont think I can renew it any more times.

With finals coming up its more important that I study than read a book lol.

I have also seen the movies
Misery
The Shining (the original)
The Langoliers (spelling?)
Carrie

and I have seen IT and one of the pet semetary movies, but it was so long ago I dont remmeber them. I do remember the clown coming out of the shower drain in IT. To this day I am still a bit uneasy by shower drains :concern:

the only thing I dont like about King is he tends to go into too much detail and babble about stuff not really related to the story (which is why its taken me this long to read IT, I have a very short attention span)

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
I have Read
IT
The Stand
The Eyes of the Dragon
and Insomnia

thoes books were good. the only thing is, i think Stephen King can't come up with good endings most of the time. other than that, he's great.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
I enjoy Stephen King. I've read most of his books. My favorites, in no particular order are...

The Long Walk (as Richard Bachman)
The Stand
The Dead Zone
'Salem's Lot
The Dark Half
It
The Shining
Misery
The Regulators (as Richard Bachman)
The Green Mile
Bag of Bones
Night Shift (short story collection)

I'm a big fan of his alter-ego, the late Richard Bachman, whose posthumous novels still occasionally pop up...:wink:

Early in his career, King published several paperback originals under the Bachman name, many written well before his first published novel, Carrie, came out. These were dark, unsettling psychological books, more about real life horrors, rather than vampires or killer cars.

The books, reprinted many times, save one, are

Rage
The Long Walk
Road Work
The Running Man
Thinner
The Regulators
Blaze

The one book that isn't in print anymore is Rage, which is about a high school student who holds his classroom hostage; King himself pulled the book, and said it's "good" that it's no longer in print.

The Bachman cover lasted for about ten years, and was finally blown when Thinner was published by a smart reporter who was able to figure out that King and Bachman were one and the same (although I'm sure some devoted readers suspected the same thing). King decided to retire Bachman, but since his "death," The Regulators and Blaze (both originally hardcovers) were published under his name.

Misery was actually almost published as a Bachman novel (it certainly reads like one), but King decided to publish it under his own name instead.

His recent book Cell is also reminiscent of Bachman.