Any word on a seperate Complete Season 4 release

TopperFraggle

Reaction score
Has there been any word on Season 4 being released seperately on DVD? I figured that there wouldn't be any mention of it before Christmas but possibly after.

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
I personally haven't heard anything, sorry :/ Maybe we'll know within the next few months?

Redsonga

Reaction score
Has there been any word on Season 4 being released seperately on DVD? I figured that there wouldn't be any mention of it before Christmas but possibly after.
*tummbleweed rolls by*
No, there hasn't...With the rights to FR going back again it might take a while:sympathy:

TopperFraggle

Reaction score
I guess I'm out of the loop- what's happened to the rights for Fraggle Rock? I thought Henson retained rights to it all along. Or is this just distribution rights or something?

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
I guess I'm out of the loop- what's happened to the rights for Fraggle Rock? I thought Henson retained rights to it all along. Or is this just distribution rights or something?
Henson's licensing contract with HIT ends in April, and it appears they will not renew:

http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showthread.php?t=40985

Distribution was between HIT and Lionsgate (previously Fox). If they release Season 4, Brandolution will likely seek a bigger company for distribution as well.

Neil565

Reaction score
April, huh?

I can't help but wonder what a new company would do with the situation, but that WOULD explain why LionsGate wouldn't release a seperate Season 4.

Did anyone else also notice that on Amazon the price went from $120's down to about $55's? That's a pretty steep drop for a 4 season box set. I'm betting no one really is buying it, and I hope someone takes notice of that...

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
Yeah, I saw it shot down to about $58 when I checked the site today. Wow. Is it selling really, really badly?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yeah, I saw it shot down to about $58 when I checked the site today. Wow. Is it selling really, really badly?
I think it's pretty standard to eventually lower the price of an item. Plus there is a recession going on.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Plus, the disks keep getting recalled.... so yeah. I blame the whole thing on Lionsgate, NOT Hit. Their DVD releases are iffy at best. The fact they actually want to distribute ABC's terrible 2000 sitcoms like According to Jim and Hope and Faith shows it. :sing:

But if these things do go down to 55 bucks... I mean, that's less than 2 volumes... there's no way I can resist. Especially since I recently found out they re-released the first 3 volumes sans the extras anyway.

My major concern is that they'd even keep the Fraggle DVD's in print, or re-re-re-release them at all. Something nags me, and I have a fear they'll lose the rights in limbo and do nothing with them...plus those MindStyle figures... would they need to renegotiate?