1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Any word on a seperate Complete Season 4 release

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by TopperFraggle, Jan 28, 2009.

1. TopperFraggle

TopperFraggle Member

Has there been any word on Season 4 being released seperately on DVD? I figured that there wouldn't be any mention of it before Christmas but possibly after.
  2. bazooka_beak

bazooka_beak Active Member

I personally haven't heard anything, sorry :/ Maybe we'll know within the next few months?
  3. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

*tummbleweed rolls by*
    No, there hasn't...With the rights to FR going back again it might take a while:sympathy:
  4. TopperFraggle

TopperFraggle Member

I guess I'm out of the loop- what's happened to the rights for Fraggle Rock? I thought Henson retained rights to it all along. Or is this just distribution rights or something?
  5. Traveling Matt

Traveling Matt New Member

Henson's licensing contract with HIT ends in April, and it appears they will not renew:

http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showthread.php?t=40985

Distribution was between HIT and Lionsgate (previously Fox). If they release Season 4, Brandolution will likely seek a bigger company for distribution as well.
  6. Neil565

Neil565 Member

April, huh?

I can't help but wonder what a new company would do with the situation, but that WOULD explain why LionsGate wouldn't release a seperate Season 4.

Did anyone else also notice that on Amazon the price went from $120's down to about $55's? That's a pretty steep drop for a 4 season box set. I'm betting no one really is buying it, and I hope someone takes notice of that...
  7. bazooka_beak

Yeah, I saw it shot down to about $58 when I checked the site today. Wow. Is it selling really, really badly?
  8. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

I think it's pretty standard to eventually lower the price of an item. Plus there is a recession going on.
  9. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Plus, the disks keep getting recalled.... so yeah. I blame the whole thing on Lionsgate, NOT Hit. Their DVD releases are iffy at best. The fact they actually want to distribute ABC's terrible 2000 sitcoms like According to Jim and Hope and Faith shows it. :sing:

But if these things do go down to 55 bucks... I mean, that's less than 2 volumes... there's no way I can resist. Especially since I recently found out they re-released the first 3 volumes sans the extras anyway.

My major concern is that they'd even keep the Fraggle DVD's in print, or re-re-re-release them at all. Something nags me, and I have a fear they'll lose the rights in limbo and do nothing with them...plus those MindStyle figures... would they need to renegotiate?
  10. bazooka_beak

Yeah, but I'd never have expected a more than 50% drop :O
  11. RedPiggy

RedPiggy Well-Known Member

When the Rock freezes over, apparently. :smirk:
  12. Davina

Davina Member

i know.. i'm *this* close to ordering them myself.. i hate to do it.. esp right now cuz money is tight, but.. i'm starting to fear it's the only way I'm going to get season 4... (and if i get lucky and season 4 eventually comes out properly later, I can always give these to my oldest step daughter for her baby or to my nieces or something..)
    and i'll need something to watch when (if) the volcano blows ash all over us up here.. heh..
  13. heralde

I wouldn't lose hope yet, especially if you're trying to save money. There is a recession going on and we do have to prioritize. But if you do end up buying it, which is totally fine, giving the left over DVDs to your step daughter would be a great idea. :)
  14. Traveling Matt

Traveling Matt New Member

If you can afford it, try to pick up the complete series.
  15. Davina

Davina Member

well, i already have the first three seasons.. so the penny pincher in me hates to be forced to rebuy... but, if i'm going to have to, then i'm going to have to... darn it!
  16. heralde

Well I do want to say, as much as I love Fraggle Rock, no one should feel forced to buy anything. Sort of reminds of the episode "Manny's Land of Carpets." ;)

And I still don't think a future single release is completely out of the question. That or a further reduction in the box set price, either through Amazon or a third party seller.
  17. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

My guess is that another company will eventually snag the FR DVD license and produce slimmer individual season sets and possibly a slimmer series set all in more traditional packaging and likely without any extra pull out cards, notebooks or posters. This will likely coincide with the Fraggle Movie release a couple years from now. Again, that is my guess. The market will be less saturated by then and demand will be higher. :coy:
  18. heralde

Yup, the point is, there are always other possibilities. :)
  19. RedPiggy

RedPiggy Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be surprised if Manny WAS in charge of DVD distribution. :)
  20. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be surprised if Large Marvin and Feenie were in charge of DVD distribution... and not just for Fraggle Rock either. :sympathy:

(Seriously, I hope Lion's Gate's distribution of According to Jim, Hope and Faith and all that garbage fails big time. Those shows should NEVER see the light of day after we just got rid of them.)