Any word on Sesame Street Volume 3 for iTunes?

Sesame Skates

Reaction score
Still waiting for more Sesame Classics from iTunes. They do a good job selecting 70s eps. not seen in decades! (knocks wood)

cjd874

Reaction score
iTunes released a handful of episodes from seasons 1, 10, 15, 20, & 25. Hopefully they can get episodes from Seasons 2-4, and 6-9. Maybe we'll see Herbert Birdsfoot, Roosevelt Franklin, Don Music, Mr. Hooper and Olivia again...That's what I look forward to most.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Still waiting for more Sesame Classics from iTunes. They do a good job selecting 70s eps. not seen in decades! (knocks wood)
Impatient are we? There's was (slightly less than) a year-long gap between Vol. 1 and Vol. 2. If we get another one, don't expect it until the summer-ish.

muppet maniac

Reaction score
I'm just hoping that Sesame Workshop will focus on getting all of the old episodes, especially from the first 11 seasons (1969-79) out there as soon as possible, whether it be on Itunes, Hulu, Amazon, Youtube...whatever, as long as they're available.

For 2 reasons:

1) It's save Muppet Wiki contributors a heck of a lot of trouble in tracking down currently hard-to-find evidence like Elmo's actual debut (supposedly around the early 70s, as Caroll Spinney has often claimed).

and...

2) Those who have been craving for the old stuff on the internet for years will be happy.

I've said this again and again, with the DVDs of the recent street scenes they're putting out - too lazy to bring up the titles, but you know what I mean - why can't they do the same with the 70s episodes? There's a huge market for the classic shows, and Sesame Workshop knows it.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm just hoping that Sesame Workshop will focus on getting all of the old episodes, especially from the first 11 seasons (1969-79) out there as soon as possible, whether it be on Itunes, Hulu, Amazon, Youtube...whatever, as long as they're available.
I completely and utterly fail to see why they can't make full, classic episodes of Sesame Street available on Hulu, yet they've had the original Electric Company on there for some time. Maybe it's because they have to break for real commercials every so often? I just wonder if a huge hunk of the problem is rights and residuals. Look at the Sesame Street Old School releases. Every set since the beginning has had alterations to the original programming because of some rights issue they couldn't resolve. Seems if there's any problem distributing older Sesame Street episodes, it's that. But there has to be a difference in Internet and Home Video distribution. Somehow, you can show 1960's Batman on television, no problem... but when it comes to home video Warners owns the characters, Fox owns the series, and various actors need clearance from various estates and copyright holders (Green Hornet and Kato are supposedly a heavy hold up).

And I don't think SW pays anyone enough to comb through all 4000 hours (give or take) of footage for rights snarls to replace them with something else they have to comb through. So I'm sure there's a lot of red tape beyond SW's control getting this stuff out there. We're lucky they're even bothering.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
If/when the next volume comes I hope they can get out a few more seasons. I wonder if focusing on just three seasons was to give fans a good idea of what those seasons were like.

But I'm thinking for volume 3, maybe include two episodes each from seasons 2, 6, 11, 16, 21, and 26. That's be twelve episodes.

ssetta

Reaction score
How do we even know that there will BE a Volume 3? I can't say exactly, but there may not be. I remember The Electric Company released 2 volumes of classic episodes several years ago, and I think there were only 2 volumes. I'm not trying to let anyone down, I'm just saying it's possible there may not be a Volume 3.

Sesame Skates

Reaction score
How do we even know that there will BE a Volume 3? I can't say exactly, but there may not be. I remember The Electric Company released 2 volumes of classic episodes several years ago, and I think there were only 2 volumes. I'm not trying to let anyone down, I'm just saying it's possible there may not be a Volume 3.
Shout Factory (TEC) and iTunes (SSC) are two different companies releasing two different sets to two different things! I'm not even sure Shout is through releasing TEC. Who says their won't be more of either?!

littlejerry

Reaction score
Volume 3 has been out since November on dvd, and covers seasons 11-15. Episodes 1316, 1446, 1576, 1706 & 1836. 1979-1984.