anybody have this habit?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
There's a habit that I have when I talk to people, and I was wondering if any of you have this habit as well.

Obviously, we all have things we're fans of that other people we know aren't as big fans of. So, when having a conversation about something... Let's say Muppets... Anyway, when talking about Muppets to somebody who is a fan, but not as big a fan as we all are, and you want to talk about a character that you don't expect them to know the name of (like Sweetums or Lew Zeland), or maybe even one whom they might not even know the existience of (like Lips or one of the Nigel's), do you often describe them when talking about them in conversation?

Ditto for if you are talking about a TV show to somebody, the kind of person who most likely wouldn't know the title of very many individual episodes (we can also apply this to animated shorts, and maybe also television specials), do you usually refer to those by description (like, if you're talking about the Newhart episode "A Midseason Night's Dream" to somebody who you expect not to know the title, you refer to it as "the episode of Newhart where everybody has a dream sequence?")?

Yorick

Reaction score
Well, I'm not sure if you feel you give more information on the show/character than the person wants to know, but I think most people do that to some degree. We're setting the person up for the part we're going to mention. We want them to understand it, after all, so I think it's a fairly normal thing to do, and I know I've done it - though I try to keep it short if possible. But if you know your friends will put up with it, let it rip with Muppet info overload! :big_grin: (Or whichever show, book, band etc you're talking about at the time.)