Anybody Know Anything About Dreams?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
For the first four weeks of high school, I was still in public school, and during that time, one of the subjects I ended up taking was Psychology/Socialogy; I vaguely remember from what all I read, but I DO remember at one point, there was a brief thing about dreams that said "both our wishes and our fears appear in our dreams". I'm sure after I left they delved deeper into the subject of dreams, but that's all I remember.

Now for me, OCCASIONALLY I'll dream about my wishes (becoming a Muppeteer for Sesame Street, meeting Kathy, those sorts of things), and OCCASIONALLY I'll dream about things I fear (computer crashes, computer viruses, something bad happening to Tommie, yada yada yada). But those are only on occasions, at least once a month at best; other than that most of my dreams are literally undescribable they are just so WEIRD! I can't begin to describe how weird they are, it's almost as if once I go to sleep I enter another dimension where nothing makes sense, almost like a Sid and Marty Krofft world. Last night I had about five dreams after another, I remember at one point I was dreaming I was in a public restroom throwing up steaks, then next thing I know I'm in the middle of a huge, dark bedroom eating a bag of chips in the middle of the night. At another point it was almost as if I were simply walking in a dark void of nothingness while I had the impression that something was after me.

So I'm wondering, who here knows anything about dreams? Is it normal to have abnormal dreams on a nightly basis? Could they mean anything? I'm a crazy? Yes I am, but that's besides the point...

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I have deja vu experiences, but it's never about anything important--usually just stupid stuff.

I think I have a dark subconscious because I hate going to sleep at night, and when I DO take my prescribed medication, if I don't go right away to sleep I always have horrible hallucinations of demons or inanimate things coming to hurt me. So, I don't take the medicine, and I also don't sleep.

There's more information than you cared to know about ol' Kev, ain't it?

I know that some dreams have meaning behind them, and I know that usually those meanings actually mean something.

Some dreams are just things that happen because of a movie you saw and have no meaning at all.

I do have cool dreams, too: I've been a Ghostbuster, I remember hanging with the Scooby Doo gang in a dream from when I was a kid, or flying a ship in Star Wars when i was a kid.

Most recently, I was sitting at a table with Bob Hope, Jack Benny, and George Burns. Bob didn't say much, but Jack and I were talking about the book "Sunday Nights at 7" and I was disappointed that there wasn't more information about timing and comedy in it--then, George says, "Read my book, Say Goodnight Gracie." Well, it stuck with me and I woke up the next morning and found it on e-bay--although I haven't read it yet.

Another dream was after I got the 50th Golden Anniversary Peanuts book. In the dream, I opened it and Charles Schulz appears in a beam of light and says, "Remember the fun!" and disappeared. I didn't understand it, but at the time I had Muley comics on a local radio station website and was stuggling because he's family fare, but I was doing more grown-up humor with him. Then, the two connected: Remember the fun--why are comics fun to me? What do I enjoy about them? Well, I immediately began to draw the Muley comic strips the way they were intended.

I bet none of that helped, so I'll stop ranting and go to bed now...

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
I had a dream where I was to die in California this year. Surprisingly it nearly happened but I got the wheel and well--it was wacky.

I died a painful death in the dream. :confused: Thankfully it was prevented...now how to stop that OTHER dream. O__o

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
I have deja vu experiences, but it's never about anything important--usually just stupid stuff.

I think I have a dark subconscious because I hate going to sleep at night, and when I DO take my prescribed medication, if I don't go right away to sleep I always have horrible hallucinations of demons or inanimate things coming to hurt me. So, I don't take the medicine, and I also don't sleep.

There's more information than you cared to know about ol' Kev, ain't it?

I know that some dreams have meaning behind them, and I know that usually those meanings actually mean something.

Some dreams are just things that happen because of a movie you saw and have no meaning at all.

I do have cool dreams, too: I've been a Ghostbuster, I remember hanging with the Scooby Doo gang in a dream from when I was a kid, or flying a ship in Star Wars when i was a kid.

Most recently, I was sitting at a table with Bob Hope, Jack Benny, and George Burns. Bob didn't say much, but Jack and I were talking about the book "Sunday Nights at 7" and I was disappointed that there wasn't more information about timing and comedy in it--then, George says, "Read my book, Say Goodnight Gracie." Well, it stuck with me and I woke up the next morning and found it on e-bay--although I haven't read it yet.

Another dream was after I got the 50th Golden Anniversary Peanuts book. In the dream, I opened it and Charles Schulz appears in a beam of light and says, "Remember the fun!" and disappeared. I didn't understand it, but at the time I had Muley comics on a local radio station website and was stuggling because he's family fare, but I was doing more grown-up humor with him. Then, the two connected: Remember the fun--why are comics fun to me? What do I enjoy about them? Well, I immediately began to draw the Muley comic strips the way they were intended.

I bet none of that helped, so I'll stop ranting and go to bed now...
XD That is awesome. Erhem *walks away*

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
For the first four weeks of high school, I was still in public school, and during that time, one of the subjects I ended up taking was Psychology/Socialogy; I vaguely remember from what all I read, but I DO remember at one point, there was a brief thing about dreams that said "both our wishes and our fears appear in our dreams". I'm sure after I left they delved deeper into the subject of dreams, but that's all I remember.

Now for me, OCCASIONALLY I'll dream about my wishes (becoming a Muppeteer for Sesame Street, meeting Kathy, those sorts of things), and OCCASIONALLY I'll dream about things I fear (computer crashes, computer viruses, something bad happening to Tommie, yada yada yada). But those are only on occasions, at least once a month at best; other than that most of my dreams are literally undescribable they are just so WEIRD! I can't begin to describe how weird they are, it's almost as if once I go to sleep I enter another dimension where nothing makes sense, almost like a Sid and Marty Krofft world. Last night I had about five dreams after another, I remember at one point I was dreaming I was in a public restroom throwing up steaks, then next thing I know I'm in the middle of a huge, dark bedroom eating a bag of chips in the middle of the night. At another point it was almost as if I were simply walking in a dark void of nothingness while I had the impression that something was after me.

So I'm wondering, who here knows anything about dreams? Is it normal to have abnormal dreams on a nightly basis? Could they mean anything? I'm a crazy? Yes I am, but that's besides the point...
To answer your question..you are not crazy. :smile:
Maybe they are randomities of the mind. I mean not all nightmares/dreams will turn out that way. :big_grin: Like I had nightmares many times that I was to be assasinated in Las Vegas but it never happened. :big_grin:

Beauregard

Reaction score
I had a dream that I lived in an appartment with my sister and her husband, and that our next door neighbour was J K Rolling (sp?) who was finishing the last Harry Potter novel, and I was secretly in love with her, and we went shopping for raspberries.

Except that I have no idea what J.K.Rolling looks like, have never read a HP book in my life, and don't really like raspberries...I didn't understand it at all!

christyb

Reaction score
On a more serious note....Yeah I've dreamed stuff that's happened before. Like the shop I'm working at now...I saw it in a dream...moving back to TN dreamed it way before my Dad told me I would. Right now I keep dreaming odd things about my book that logically could never happen. At my track record.....who knows...maybe ya'll will see me up on the big screen. :smile:

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
J.K Rowling is blonde and has blue eyes as well as pale skin. XD That is a cute dream Beau! XD LOL! <3

: O If you do reach the big screen--make sure to give BeakerSqueedom a shoutout as well 50% of the monies. Heeeeeheeee <3 :big_grin:

Just kiddin' XD.

Katzi428

Reaction score
Lately I've had a few dreams about my father who passed away 3 years ago. In a couple of them ,he was in heaven & looked sad.So that made me upset.:frown: :cry:
But on a happier note,I think I'm psychic when it comes to some dreams.When my (former) sis in law was pregnant 7 years ago I kept having dreams that she was going to have a girl. And she actually did in 2000!