Anybody seen the new Muppet Playing cards?

matleo

Reaction score
Anybody seen them and taken a good close look at the tin??

I found them in Suncoast last week and was back today looking at them. Haven't bought them yet but noticed something interesting. take alook at thegraphic on the front. you know thesame group shot that appears on the 25th ann. shirts and on the Monopoly game. Look at Chef's hand. they did a really lousy job of removing the whisk from his hand. he still has the handleand you can clearly see a few tiny little prongs ticking out. I just thougth it was really funny when I noticed it. anyway, the cards themselves are abo $10 and I'm hoping to get them later this week when I have some more cash. Hope this helps.

--Matt

Ed man

Reaction score
I bought them last week...but truthfully I'd save your cash. The cards themselves even feel cheap. If you look at the back of the sealed case, they just show you the best cards in the tin. Sure, there are two decks...one red and one blue and they're in a neat tin but that's about it. The muppets are only on the Aces and the Kings, Queens, and Jacks and Staler and Wardolf are the two jokers. On the four Aces, are Piggy, Kermit, Animal, and Chef. They are just clip art from previous photos before with them as you can tell by the piggy pose on the back of the tin. Also, the Kings, Queens, and Jacks are just like they are on the back of the tin. A poorly rendered drawing with a cut out of a muppet along the face and/or sometimes hand. The actual Muppets make up 10% of the deck. All the other cards are your standard numbers...I wished they had more of the characters on the deck.
Hope this will clear up your judgement call. I'd rather spend the $10 buying three Muppet candy/breathmint tins at Suncoast ($2.99 each)

-Eric

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Hi Matt, Yeah i did buy the cards a few weeks ago and noticed most of the chef's whisk removed. I gave a little review on TP about it.

another odd things is that Rizzo is a queen in this set....I don't understand....I know they ran out of Muppet females and all, but someone like Beaker at least would be funnier. :eek:

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Guys,

I bought them yesterday too. The tin is nice, Apart from some things that are wrong. Like reversing a perfect image to make it bad... Having Scooter away from the gang, And Fozzie in the shadow looking sad.

And the cards themselves are just, well not good. The illustrations on the cards dont even look like a real artist has done it.

I prefer the set from the 70's from Europe.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Man... these sound... terrible!

I mean, I like how the Chef gets the prestige of being an ACE, but other than that this thing sounds just awful. The mint and cany tins do look better...

matleo

Reaction score
Wow, I was goign to go out and but these this weekend, but now that I've heard everyone's "glowing" reviews of them maybe I'll pass. :sympathy: Oh well. I'lll just save my money and spend it on sometign cool lik Muppet Monopoly or soemtihng.
thanks.

--Matt

RIX

Reaction score
Well, I thought they came out pretty good. Our artist spent a lot of time designing them to look like a traditional 16th century deck of cards. The art is not clip art, it was hand drawn specifically for this deck.

I guess the parody on an old-time deck isn't clear enough-what can I say?

As for the wisk in the Chef's hand, it was overlooked. I can only say that this will become a collectors item one day as it will be fixed before any more are produced.

Sincerely,

Greg Sallis
Vice-president
RixTins

Drtooth

Reaction score
RIX said:
Well, I thought they came out pretty good. Our artist spent a lot of time designing them to look like a traditional 16th century deck of cards. The art is not clip art, it was hand drawn specifically for this deck.

I guess the parody on an old-time deck isn't clear enough-what can I say?

As for the wisk in the Chef's hand, it was overlooked. I can only say that this will become a collectors item one day as it will be fixed before any more are produced.
I think the ace clip art and the wisk was basically the concern...

But other than that, the rest of the Muppet line is totally Faboo! The dining tray for one!

Maybe if the cards were rerelesed or something, Muppet Cards 2.0, they'd get a warmer reception. But Keep up the outstanding work, other wise! :big_grin:

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Guys,

Well, Im not a cards fan. So that accounts for my review aswell. Still the tin they come in is GREAT!

I also got the Lunchbox at the same time, And that is something to buy. It is just totaly awesome. There is also an image of Bunsen and Beaker inside that i had never seen !

RIX,
Could you tell me where the image of Bunsen and Beaker in front of the blue curtain came from please ?

It is a photo of the puppets in action, But it never appeared on The Muppet Show.

Any information on this would be greatly appreciated !

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can get these cards and other "RIX" stuff in the UK? - Can't seem to find them :cry: