Anybody visit their old schools?

salemfan

Reaction score
I am in college now, and I visit all my old schools-my elementary school, my middle school, and my high school. There I talk to all the teachers I had that are still there, and I donate things of mine to them to use in their classroom, i.e. books. Anybody in this forum visit their old teachers at their old schools?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
My niece goes to my elementary school, so I have chances to revisit it, HOWEVER, they've added onto it, and rebuilt it, I hardly recognize it.

I would NEVER revisit my middle school: it was in the ghetto!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Hehe poor you D'Snowth, well, yes I visit my grade/middle school(they're combined) I think that the teachers I had there are some of the best I ever will, and I want them to know that. :smile:

BEAR

Reaction score
I don't revisit my elementry school and I have not really visited my high school for a couple years either. The closest I came was my HS drama teacher just retired after about 12 years of teaching there and a huge party was held in her honor. I got to visit many all of my old friends, teachers, mentors then. After nearly 5 years of seeing these people it was great.

superfan

Reaction score
Elementary school was torn down a few years back. Shame. HAd some fun memories...

Junior High, I'd go back just to look, but not to relive any memories...:stick_out_tongue:

High School rocked!! Loved it. Greatest social institution in the world!! Would go back just to see..my locker section, the cafeteria, the library...the place upstairs overlooking the front foyer where me and my posse would hang :wink: *sigh* I truly miss it sometimes.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
I've been back at my high school several months ago. I might substitue at my old middle school next week.

ryan

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I visit all my old schools. I go to plays at my high school a lot, though I might not as much now that the director is gone. He was one of my favorite teachers. But it's always fun to go, and you never know who you might bump into. I go to my elementary school sometimes, but not as much as I used to; my brother was there for seven years after I left, so I was a very active alum for quite a while. And my dad teaches at the college I attended, so I get there a lot. I'm pretty connected with my schools. Plus I'm in email contact with at least one teacher from each school.
Erin

Whatever

Reaction score
theprawncracker said:
well, yes I visit my grade/middle school(they're combined)
Mine too! I still visit there and at my high school. There aren't too many teachers still there that I want to see, but I visit them as often as I can; three or four times a year it is now. I e-mail with some of them as well.

superfan

Reaction score
ryhoyarbie said:
I've been back at my high school several months ago. I might substitue at my old middle school next week.

ryan
That'll be interesting! Being on the other side of the desk! Hope it goes well!

salemfan

Reaction score
superfan said:
Junior High, I'd go back just to look, but not to relive any memories...:stick_out_tongue:

High School rocked!! Loved it. Greatest social institution in the world!! Would go back just to see..my locker section, the cafeteria, the library...the place upstairs overlooking the front foyer where me and my posse would hang :wink: *sigh* I truly miss it sometimes.
Well, would you visit with any old teachers that are still there? Once all the teachers I had are gone, I won't be able to visit anymore because it will be all new people and they wouldn't know who I am.