Anyone a Keeping Up Appearances fan?

MuppetfraggleEX

Reaction score
I love fawlty towers, and are you being served. I also watch Mr Bean, Absolutely fabulous, the black Adder, and lots of Monty Python. My husband hates them. He just doesn't get it. That's his loss though. I used to watch a show called Poldark, which was neat, but not a comedy. Oh and the Young Ones. I love them too. Have you ever watched that one?

Lucy

Reaction score
faulty towers was amazing!! mind you, so was keeping up appearences....oh they were all great!!

anythingmuppet

Reaction score
I love em all! I wanna get some of them on DVD. Is Waiting for God on DVD?

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
Lucy said:
faulty towers was amazing!! mind you, so was keeping up appearences....oh they were all great!!
Hey sweety!! It's Dan, your fab friend!! :smile:

Squall Leonhart

Reaction score
I actually like Hyacinth, don't ask me why, and yeah compared to Edith Bunker anyone can sing! Speaking of BBC Programs Anyone remember a program called To The Manor Born? I loved that show.

Squall Leonhart

Reaction score
I don't really remember, what I do remember is a man buying this house from this woman and kicking her out to live in this really tiny house, and it was funny. Very Vauge I know. But that's all I remember.

abiraniriba

Reaction score
A description of Keeping Up Appearances

MuppetfraggleEX said:
I have never seen it before. What is it about?
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b208/MuppetfraggleEX/c038cd9d.jpg
Yes I am this cute.
The show Keeping Up Appearances is a sitcom (or Britcom as they are sometimes called) involving a middle-aged woman named Hyacinth Bucket (pronounced Boo Kay) and her husband Richard. Hyacinth thinks of herself as being somewhat upper class and thus tries to keep up that image (hence the title) Unfortunately Hyacinth's relatives don't put on airs and even take a kind of pride in their being of a slightly lower class type. Thus causing Hyacinth numerousd problems.
Hyacinth's Relatives:

Sister -Daisy and her husband Onslo- Onslo doesn't have a romantic bone in his body, it's also very hard to find the bones in his body because he is rather fat. Daisy is Onslo's love-starved (and sex-starved) wife who spends all her time reading romance novels as an escapre from her life
Sister- Rose- Lives with Daisy and Onlso. Changes boyfriends more times than I change my underwear. Takes a kind of pride in her looseness.
Son- Sheraton- Rarely seen but often calls from college wanting $$$.
Sister- Violet- rarely seen but supposively lives in a big house with a sauna and room for a pony
Father- Daddy- Was in the Boer War and has never been the same. Lives upstairs from Onlso and Daisy still wears his uniform.

As you can see it's not easy for Hyacinth to keep up her image with this crew of relatives and so she takes it out on her longsuffering husband Richard. Richard's last name was pronounced Bucket until he met Hyacinth

abiraniriba

Reaction score
A Little More On The Buckets

In addition to her relatives, Hyacinth has her next door neighbors to deal with. They are Emmett, also known as The Vicar and his wife Elizabeth.
Emmett has a lot of sympathy for Richard, but lives in constant fear that Hyacinth, or "that Bucket woman" as she is sometimes called will "sing at me" Elizabeth is nice enough, except that whenever she is invited over to Hyacinth's house she is always nervous that she is going to drop and break part of her Royal Doulton Tea Set, which she often does.

I wonder how Hyacinth would deal with the Muppets as houseguests for one of her candlelight suppers?