Anyone else here Beatles Fans?

Ryan

Reaction score
Hey, y'all,
Anybody else here a Beatles Fan? I'm a fairly new fan, and I love them almost as much as the Muppets. What's your favorite album? So far it's a toss up for me: Sgt. Pepper's Lonley Hearts Club Band (Fav. Tracks: Lovley Rita, Fixing a Hole, A Day in The Life, Etc..They're all good) and Rubber Soul (Fav. Tracks: Drive My Car, Spread the Word, etc. this is the first post marijuana album which makes it very original, not like the prior albums such as "Please Please Me." ) I'm listening to The White Album now, While I like this set, it was definitley not the group's best album/s. IE: "Revolution Nine" is utterly annoying, and way too long. But there are some goodies, like"Revolution 1" and "Piggies"...as well as others. I recently saw the Anthology series (Volumes 3,5,6,7 and 8) These are amazing. I advise every fan to get them. They are out on DVD as well (I plan on getting them for my birthday.) Anyone here have "Revolver" or "Abbey Road"? Would you reccomend them? How about Anthology CD's
2 & 3? Let me know, :sing:

Aaron

Reaction score
:excited: I LOVE THE BEATLES THEAY ARE GREAT

EmmyMik

Reaction score
I am a Beatles fan too. But alas, I only have 2 of their albums ("1962-1966" and "1967-1970". These record albums actually belong to my mom). I have borrowed a couple of my Dad's CDs ("1" and "Abbey Road". Love 'em both). I've been meaning to check out some CDs from the library, but I'm too darn lazy.

Some of my favorite songs are "Let it Be" (I actually wrote a report on this song last year in my history class. Sometimes I just love college and the freedom to be creative with reports), "The Fool on the Hill", and "A Day in the Life" (which totally rocks!).

My manager at work (or actually one of them), just loves the Beatles. One day this winter, during the blizzard, she called up a local radio station (which has a Sunday morning program called "Breakfast with the Beatles" which plays nothing but Beatles songs), and requested a song...

Aaron

Reaction score
Originally posted by electricmayhem
Beatles eh? Never heard of 'em. Oh well, obla di, obla da. :wink::big_grin: :wink:
lol

Ryan

Reaction score
electricmayhem:
It's ok. Life will go on. Bra.

Emmy: Yeah, we have the same program in the morning. Unfortunatley, I rarley get to listen to it in the car on the way to school, beacuse my sister hates them (oh, how little she knows). The Library may not have any CD's (mine didn't most of their stuff was classical and broadway soundtracks) However, it is likley that they have the Anthology VHS series. Get these!! The best ones I've seen so far are 5, 7 and 8.

EmmyMik

Reaction score
Originally posted by Scooter
Emmy: Yeah, we have the same program in the morning. Unfortunatley, I rarley get to listen to it in the car on the way to school, beacuse my sister hates them (oh, how little she knows). The Library may not have any CD's (mine didn't most of their stuff was classical and broadway soundtracks) However, it is likley that they have the Anthology VHS series. Get these!! The best ones I've seen so far are 5, 7 and 8.
My library has EVERYTHING!

Well, not everything, but they have a lot of stuff. In the past I have reserved a few CDs, I was just too lazy to go over there an pick 'em up (or I had lost my library card)...

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
Try inter-library loan for the other albums.

Yes, I think you could say I'm a Beatles fan-- two pilgrimages to Liverpool, and I've seen Ringo in concert more times than I want to admit. :wink: Actually, I met Ringo about five or six years ago. Rubber Soul has always been my favorite album. I definitely recommend Abbey Road. I also like some of the bootleg recordings from Hamburg-- they've got a great energy and it's fun to hear the early days.