Anyone else here Beatles Fans?

electricmayhem

Reaction score
Originally posted by EmmyMik
One day this winter, during the blizzard, she called up a local radio station (which has a Sunday morning program called "Breakfast with the Beatles" which plays nothing but Beatles songs), and requested a song...
Yeah, we have that too, called Beatle Brunch.

My friend was telling me how when her mom was in college and it was the first really nice day of spring she walked by someones room and they were playing "Here Comes the Sun". Being that that is one of my favorite songs, I can't wait for it to get nice so we can do that too! (Harrison Rocks)

Gonzo

Reaction score
Originally posted by MuppetQuilter
I've seen Ringo in concert more times than I want to admit.
What, ONCE ???

: )

I love the Beatles--a girlfriend in highschool introduced me to them (well, their MUSIC, not THEM) and I love it. My favorite songs of all time are probably "Day in the Life," "Eleanor Rigby," "You've Got to Hide Your Love Away," and "Yesterday," "Hey Jude," and "Across the Universe." I'd better stop there.

I REALLY (despite my U2-lovin' self) think they may be the greatest band ever. For them to be so prolific, when they were together for less than TEN YEARS is amazing. Look at the bands that are out there now--if they manage to stay together for ten years, they're not putting out anything with this measure of originality or quality...

The Beatles Rule.

And the Sesame Street Beetles ain't half bad either.

Quinnnnnnnnnnnn

:halo: :flirt: :sing: :cool: :big_grin:

muppetfreak12

Reaction score
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:smile:

DirthNader

Reaction score
Well, I saw a thumbs up for Abbey Road...well deserved. Here's my kudos for Revolver. Recorded in 1966, it is one of their many mile-stones.

I may draw a lot of boos and hisses this way, but I think the greatest Beatle out of the bunch was Lennon. If you like the beatles, I strongly recommend Lennon's "Shaved Fish". Also, "The John Lennon Collection". I've been listening to that last one quite a bit lately. It sets my mind at ease, a little, whenever my mind is confronted with current affairs.

Also, you might try listening to "Wingspan", a compilation of Paul McCartney's greatest acheivments outside of the Beatles.

That's my oppinion, and I'm sticking to it :cool: :big_grin: :halo: :sing:

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
strawberry fields forever is a good song. so is day dripper, back in the ussr, i am the walrus, penny lane, a day in the life...i also love their happy birthday song they did...all in all, a great band...

ryan

Thijs

Reaction score
I want 'Blackbird' on my funeral. It's the most beautiful song I've ever heard. Other songs I love are Penny Lane and Lady Madonna. Besides, The Beatles are my favourite band, and I don't think there will ever be a better one.

Gonzo

Reaction score
Originally posted by MuppetQuilter
At least five, possibly more. :embarrassed:
:eek:

Whoa. That's a ho lotta Ringo!

He's underrated. But come ON!!!

Just kidding. I have noooo room to talk.

Quinnnnnnnnnnn

:halo:

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
Believe me, I know! But it's been a few years since I've been to a Ringo concert, actually it's been a few years since I've been to any concert (that's what happens when you get old-- and have to pay a sitter). Just wish I'd gotten a chance to see Harrison live. *sigh*

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
i heard that paul maccarthy live this past year was great. the whole audience was rockin to the songs he sang...

ryan