Anyone else remember Eureka's Castle????

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Yeah it would be awesome seeing Eureka's Castle on DVD with the original opening.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I liked Eureka's Castle. It was a bit simialr to Sesame Street, with animated and film segments which I think were repeated in many episodes. The show also featured performers who have worked for Henson, such as Noel McNeil, Pam Arciero, and Brian Meehl (after he'd left Sesame Street to become a writer). I have also read that R.L. Stien, writer of the Goosebumps books, was a writer on this show (it says so in the "About the author" section of the books).

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Yeah Kathryn Mullen (Mokey of Fraggle Rock) has also worked on the show, I believe. She also was Allegra for another Nick Jr puppet show, Allegra's Window.

BEAR

Reaction score
JJandJanice said:
Yeah Kathryn Mullen (Mokey of Fraggle Rock) has also worked on the show, I believe. She also was Allegra for another Nick Jr puppet show, Allegra's Window.
I don't think she worked on Eureeka's Castle actually.

Java

Reaction score
After watching PBS for Sesame Street the old Nick kids shows were the thing to watch. This one was favored as well as shows like Special Delivery and David the Gnome. I do remember Allegra's Window too.

BEAR

Reaction score
Yeah, Nickelodian had some greats...
Eureeka's Castle
Allegra's Window
Gullah Gullah Island
and possibly my favorite on Nick was Sharon, Lois and Bram's Elephant Show! I have forgotten what an influence they have had on me.

Xerus

Reaction score
I too remember Eureeka's Castle. I remember watching some episodes during my college days. Yes, the show does remind me a lot of Sesame Street with those familiar voices. I remember.

Eureeka, a wizard in training.
Her adopted dragon, Magellan.
Batly the egotistic bat.
The furry moat twins, Bogge and Quagmire, who love to quarrel.
Mr. Knack who owned a trading wagon.
Kate the reporter mouse,
Emma the rotund hungry mouse.
Sir Clank the old mouse who lives in a suit of armor.
The singing stone fish known as the Fishtones.
Cooey, a fuzzy yellow creature who coos and was Magellan's pet.
Webster, a spider like creature who was Batly's pet.
The clay worms known as the Slurms.
The living blanket dots on Magellen's blanket known as the Blanketeers.
And the nameless giant who loves to wind the key on the castle so it can play them music.

Tim

Reaction score
I've never heard that Kathryn Mullen worked "Eureeka", as she was played by my very bestest female friend in the puppetry world Cheryl Blaylock-another Muppet veteran.

3-Design Studios in N.Y did the puppets, (they also worked with Henson) and yes, Bear is actually Magellen by way of Leon on "The Puzzel Place".

The show kind of died off because of money reasons more than anything else. The performers almost didn't get everything that was coming to them-not even merchandise. I sent a ton of stuff to Cheryl in NY that I had found out here, and she wasn't even aware they had put the show out on VHS (along with "Alegra's Window" and "Gulla Gulla Island"), so she had to rattle a lot of cages. Another Disney/Henson type of money vs. artisit battle!

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
BEAR said:
Yeah, Nickelodian had some greats...
Eureeka's Castle
Allegra's Window
Gullah Gullah Island
and possibly my favorite on Nick was Sharon, Lois and Bram's Elephant Show! I have forgotten what an influence they have had on me.
I love the Elephant show, you just don't here kids singing the king of songs they taught anymore. You just don't get the same thing from Barney.

BEAR

Reaction score
Ilikemuppets said:
I love the Elephant show, you just don't here kids singing the king of songs they taught anymore.

You don't get that kind of kid's entertainment or entertainment in general for that matter. Something I have been observing a lot lately (in the past year or so). This is why I am currently working on a project to get stuff like that back.