Anyone else sick of Adobe Crash Player?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Adobe Flash player FORCES you to keep updating the program. Now, the newest incarnation can't stop crashing. I can't even uninstall it and re-install the old version. Anyone else have this problem?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm almost positive I brought up this exact same complaint some time ago... yes, the constant need to upgrade, even after you JUST upgraded the dang thing, has gotten really annoying, but not just that, the constant need to upgrade EVERYTHING after you JUST upgraded is pain in the gluteus maximus! I mean it's bad enough Windows 7 is out now, NOW, we have to prepare ourselves for Windows 8/Windows 2012 (which looks absolutely terrible, simplistic, and primitive), and it seems like no sooner does the current version of Interner Explorer come out and they're already releasing beta versions of the NEXT version... WHY can't we all just stick with ONE thing and just be happy with it?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I don't mind the upgrading compared to how frequently it started crashing after the last one. And the worst thing is, the only 2 solutions are to either uninstall the current one and reinstall the last one (something I tried, and it doesn't want to do because it isn't the latest version) or wait until the next update (which could be a long time coming).

Worst part is, most of the times the crashes come from ADS. Now, I tried Ad blocker, and it got to the point where ads were unable to be blocked due to strange coding in the ads (they're getting smarter), and every time I tried to block an ad, the ad stayed, and the rest of the content was blocked.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
That's the problem with a lot of these upgrades: they get in such a hurry to get the next upgrade out, that they really don't take the time to make sure all the bugs and glitches have been worked out and that the whole thing works properly. YouTube's been notorious for that in the past, for every one upgrade they've made to the site, it results in a bug or a glitch that affects some part of the rest of the site.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Let me guess, Firefox 13? There is something screwy with the recent flash update that isn't quite compatible with the newest firefox. Something about flash being sandbox, and running independently from the browser. I really don't know. I use chrome, which has flash integrated with it and updates automatically so you don't have to...

Now shockwave on the other hand always crashes

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Now, what was all of this about Firefox being the "superior" browser? :stick_out_tongue:

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
It's really annoying. I changed to Foxit Reader. I suggest you all do the same...

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I never said firefox was superior.

Actually, a lot of people think Opera is the best browser *shrugs*

Its all a matter of opinion, some people are just more vocal about it :big_grin: