Anyone enjoy silent movies

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I have a friend who performs silent movies in my city.
He is the only travelling silent picture show man in Australia. He plays a hammond organ to accompany the movies and he can sing and do an excellent impersonation of the late great Victor Borge who I believe was a TMS guest in season 3 or 4.
He travels only as far as the areas surrounding Rockhampton and I've even helped him do some shows sometimes.
His favourite genre is comedy and the stars of his movies are Charlie Chaplin, Buster Keaton, Harold Lloyd and even the team of Stan Laurel and Oliver Hardy.

So do any of you enjoy silent movies at all?

MGov

Reaction score
http://www.silentmovietheatre.com/intro/intro.f.htm

The owner can't afford to keep the place open on a weekly basis anymore, though he rents it out for events. I haven't been there in a while but they had a man who was likely the last living silent movie organist still working. He started in his teens. They had a big party for his 90th birthday. It is always an incredible event. But I've become spoiled by it. When TCM runs the silent films, the soundtrack drives me crazy.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Ivan Richardson is only a young fellow. He used to have a cabaret team with his wife Pat but it fell apart.
He and Pat are devout Christian people and when they prayed about what they should do they felt that God was calling Ivan to make the old silent movies readily available for people to see in Australia again.
I'm so very glad they did since so much rubbish is being made today it's good to be able to enjoy something that's entertaining and wholesome.

peachesncream

Reaction score
sounds like an awesome time. i like doing things out of the ordinary like that.