Anyone ever hear of....

DirthNader

Reaction score
a movie titled Fire and Ice?

It was an animated film and kinda reminded me of Bakshi's Lord of the Rings. In fact, I think it was a Bakshi/Frazetta production.

Pure fantasy, it's one of my favorite animated films, but I can't seem to find it and worst of all, I haven't found anyone who knows what it is either.

*help :frown: *

Thanks....

DirthNader

Reaction score
Also, while I'm on the subject, has anyone ever heard of another animated movie calle Starchaser, or Orin Starchaser, or something like that?

Made around the same time as The previous title, I used to rent it at our local movie store eons ago, and now am unable to find it anywhere.

It is set in the future and reminds me a little of Star Wars. There is a Han Solo sort of character named Dack, who looks and sounds an aweful lot like Humphry Bogart. His ship, I forget the name, id more or less a robot. They find a boy who escaped from an underground mining colonie only to find that the dangers above ground are more perilous than below...

Well, that's about all I can remember for now. Help me if you can.

Thanks again.

GWGumby

Reaction score
Gadzooks, I vaguely remember seeing "Starchaser..." in the theaters. Guess what? It was in 3-D! I also remember being slightly disturbed by it since it wasn't exactly a kid-friendly cartoon. Lots of violence and lots of scantily-clad form-fitting females.

GWGumby

Reaction score
That reminds me of a bunch of other stuff that used to be available in the early days of VHS that are almost completely forgotten, like all those Nelvana cartoons like "Rock & Rule," "The Devil and Daniel Mouse," and "Romie-0 and Julie-8" As well as others like "The Last Unicorn" and "Dot and The Kangaroo." Not all of them treasured classics, but in a time before Disney had released their "classics" anything that resembled a cartoon or a kid's flick was rented and watched multiple times around our house. It's sad that so many of these are completely unavailable today.

DirthNader

Reaction score
Ahhh, those scantily-clad form-fitting females :big_grin:

Thank you Joe. I'll check those out right now. I suppose I coulda' done that myself, but my computer savy aint what it should be *hangs head, embarassed at self*.

Hey, since you seem to be in such a helpful mood, I was also trying to find out about old Sherlock Holmes videos/DVD's. I'm specifically looking for the Basil Rathbone, Nigel Bruce series. There were fourteen in all and I have or should I say had most of them. The only problem is, they seem to be sold only in packs of four. These packs are convenient, but all of these special packs are of the same four episodes, and none of them areof real quality. Any help would be greatly appreciated (and beleive me, I did actually put a lot of effort in finding these babies.

Thanks again.

DirthNader

Reaction score
Good news, GW. I know where a copy of Rock and Rule is. I used to work at a video store (I know. If I used to work at a video store, why the heck haven't I found those other movies I was asking about? Again, I tried...really I did :frown: ) and was surprised to see a copy of it on our shelf. I also live next to a Blockbuster that has a copy of The Last Unicorn.

Unfortunately I am not familiar with the other titles you listed.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm glad to find someone else is a Bakshi fan over here. Unfortunately, it's for different things. Though I will soon partake of his body of works (the ones mentioned), My favorites are.. a little odd.

Firstly, the 1966 cartoon, The Mighty Heroes, one of my favorite parody Superhero cartoons. I have a bootleg tape of 12 cartoons and a half hour of Mighty Mouser Playhouse (see www.toontracker.com for details)

Also (though I can't remember it) the 1980's Mighty Mouse the New Adventures. Too bad it's so long gone. Stupid Rev. Wildmon!!!!

I would have liked to see how Bakshi would have handled Ren and Stimpy. Honestly, Ralph and John K. were sending this to CBS, but were rejected and made the Mighty Mouse show instead!